CHAPTER 12: Life Sucks

UNEDITED 2017 version.

Limoges, France

Business is a combination of war and sports.

Malcolm's schedule is always on fire. The other day, he was in Spain and now he's in France to have another business meeting. He is about to close a deal with a French businessman who sells satellites for telecommunication companies—just like his company—he needs it for the business and also for faster network service.

The old man nodded, "Je peux vous assurer, Mr. Henderson... Mon entreprise peut le faire." I can assure you, Mr. Henderson... My company can do it. He said.

He stoically looked at the old man with crossed arms—very much intimidating. Malcolm called his secretary, "Prende soin de mon investissement" Take care of my investment. And she handed him the contract. "Je vais vous donor l'argent pour ma demande." I will give you the money for my demand. He signed the contract and handed it to his business partner.

The old man smiled happily. "Merci pour la confiance." Thank you for the trust. He offered his hand for shake hands. Malcolm extended his hand too.

"Merci aussi." Thank you too. He looked at him once again before standing up. "Je vais juste vous envoyer la fracture." I will just send you the bill.

He agrees, "D'accord"

Malcolm only nodded and went out of the private room immediately. He flew all the way here from New York to Spain and to France to just personally talk to the owner of that satellite company who can provide them the suitable service that they wanted to have.

"Sir," his secretary walks beside him. "I already called your accountant. He'll send the check to you for signing."

"Good. After I hand you the check, do not send it yet to Mr. Arnoult. Wait for my signal."

"Noted sir."

Fifteen billion dollars is not a joke. He invested big money so he needs to secure his investments surely. In the business world, there are a lot of rules that everyone must know and abide. Every businessman must have the qualities of being brave enough to take the risk, canny and wise. Most especially, cannot be easily manipulated. Businessmen must not show any weakness to every competition because it can be used against them.

Sometimes you have to do what's best for you and your life, not what's best for everybody else.

"Did Peterson contact you about the site? Tell him to call me when I get back."

"Yes sir. He told me that the site is now on its half progress. Maybe the construction will only take two years." His secretary smiled.

He nodded, "That fast? Well, very good then."

At the porch, a Tesla Model 3 car is waiting for him. He smirked at just the sight of it. Malcolm loves fancy cars. He likes it shiny and head turner.

Maybe, it's really a nature for men like him to fancy cars like that. Yeah, indeed... Boys and their expensive toys.

His security detail opened the door for him. He slipped into it immediately and his secretary at the front seat.

The driver asked, "Where to, sir?"

Malcolm closed his eyes and answered, "Back to Hotel de Louvre."

"Yes sir."

The drive back to Paris is such a long drive. It will take them maximum of four hours before they could get there using only the car. So instead of driving, he'd prefer flying. It will be easier that way. The driver will take him to a nearest skyscraper to where his chopper landed.