CHAPTER 15: Possible Wife

UNEDITED 2017 version.

Chocolate truffles taste like heaven.

Dana could not stop munching her favorite treat. Malcolm spoiled her by buying many boxes of her favorite truffles. Paris makes good chocolates and pastries—Dana couldn't get enough of it. Getting spoiled a bit is somewhat being a princess too. There are some things that are worth spoiling just to make a person important.

The other day, she was just so eager to call Malcolm after she heard that his under construction site in New Jersey was burnt down because of an accident. She knew Malcolm was in Paris but the distance never stopped her from calling him.

Now, Dana's too happy. Last night, he arrived in her restaurant with five boxes of assorted chocolate truffles in his hands. The happiness she's feeling couldn't be expressed in a sentence. She's about to burst with flattering emotions. Simple things make good impacts. Be crazy. Be stupid. Be silly. Be weird. Be whatever, because life is too short to be anything but happy.

People should always dare to risk in love.

Yes. Dana is still hook.

She thought she's over him—but not really. Malcolm still has her heart. She may tell everyone that she's done with him, but the mere fact that her heart still beats for that man cannot be denied. She's too transparent to be not obvious. She can see how Malcolm tries hard to make her happy, to make everything in place and make it up to her.

Nine years wasn't a joke. And, for a short span of time, he's succeeding hard.

Who would have thought that the man who snatched her from feeling happy will eventually be the same man who would bring the color back to her life? Something that Travis failed to do—though, she values whatever she has with him. They had relationship but that not's it... She loved Travis but not as great as to what she has for Malcolm. He may be away, but her heart is with him.

She's hoping that he feels the same too.

"You look like a hungry dog." The man who sat like a boss, spoke.

She directed her eyes at him and gave him a glare—but not enough to shut him up. "Why are you here anyway? You should be working and not bombarding here in my place!" She accusingly throws him a paperweight.

Clifford leaned forward with interest. "Malcolm knows how to woo a girl, huh." He leaned on and squeezed her hand, but said nothing.

"What are you doing?" She asked her brother.

He meaningfully smiled and pointed her buzzing phone. She immediately took it and she saw Malcolm's name flashing on the screen! He's calling me! She squeaks unaware-ably. She heaved a sigh and answered the call.

Malcolm's soothing voice envelops her ears, "Hey..."

"Hi. You called." She said enthusiastically.

Clifford snorted and mumbled, "Obviously, that's why you're talking to h—"Dana kicked his feet under the table and that made him growl in pain. He glared at her but Dana only stuck her tongue out to piss her brother even more.

He laughs and then she laughs, "Honey... Are you free tonight?"

Honey! He called her honey! Damn. That was something!

Dana shakes her head and begins to stutter "Uhm... I... What..." She doesn't have the right words to say!

Malcolm laughed even more. "Okay, I know that was quick." He said as if that's okay with her. She's not dumb and numb not to feel Malcolm's meaningful actions and words. He's obviously into her. "I'm asking if you are free tonight because I would like to take you out to dinner. I want to spend the night with you in a fancy restaurant." He's like courting but not declaring the shots. Maybe he's still trying to weight the options.