CHAPTER 2: El Viejo Amor

#DTRIL2 and tag me @loys_dr in Twitter.

CHAPTER TWO

Dana woke up and immediately grunted when she felt her throbbing head. Dahan-dahan siyang naupo at isinandal ang katawan sa headboard ng kama niya. Pikit mata niyang minasahe ang sentido habang inaalala niya ang mga pinag-iinom niya kagabi. Hangover is a bitch, it slaps hard! There is really no guarantee of having a smooth morning after a wasted night—it really has that aftermath full of headache.

Last night was fun. Dana danced as if nobody cares, drank too much alcohol and got wasted afterwards. Partying like an animal became her usual thing when she met Travis. Well, the guy is an inborn heavy drinker and a party animal himself. Wherever bar that is, they are on it. Booze and party became part of their lives!

Dana is always in every parties—not that she want to be there but she's somehow obliged to be there. She becomes the representative of their company whenever her parents and brothers couldn't make it in an event. Fame and attention came running towards her direction—sadly, even though she has no interest of having both, wala na rin siyang magagawa dahil kilala ang pamilya nila sa business world. Like any other girl, she remain thankful of what she has now. She has a business she put up on her own that is enough to make a living.

Ang mga kapatid niyang lalake ang namamahala sa mga negosyo nila, and that leaves her being a princess of the family. Even though she can do whatever she wants in her life, mas ginusto niyang maranasan ang magsimula sa wala hanggang sa lumago ang pinaghirapan niya.

She grimaced when Travis knocked on her door, and eventually opened it. Wala pa nga siyang sinasabing pumasok ito, pero nagawa na tumayo sa harap ng kama niya. He smirked upon seeing her state. Dana's clutching her head because of the intense pounding from last night's escapades. Her mouth fell when she noticed that Travis is wearing only his boxers and a plain black shirt—already looking like an Abercrombie model slaying the catwalk.

He smiles genuinely at Dana. "Good morning sleepyhead..." Inabot ni Travis ang dala nitong baso na may tubig at dalawang Aspirin. "Figured it out earlier so I rummaged through your kit in the kitchen." saka ito naupo sa dulo ng kama.

"Thank you." She said and drank the pill.

Dana's been used to having Travis around kapag may ganitong pangyayari. He would always take good care of her even if she throws him out of her penthouse. He'd always comeback and smack the hell out of her. Travis will always stay no matter what happens, or she says to him.

Huminga ng malalim si Dana at sinikop ang magulong buhok sa kaliwang balikat niya. "Hindi ka pa ba uuwi?" tanong niya.

Travis shakes his head and ruffles her hair. "I cooked our breakfast. Maybe after we eat, I will go home. I have an important meeting today." He looks at his wristwatch and nods.

"Alright." Nang makatayo na si Dana, Travis encircled his arm around her waist for support. "Come on, let's eat. I do not want you to get late for work... If that meeting is important, then you should be there as early as possible." Pahabol nitong sabi sa lalake.

He chuckled and caressed her hip, "Yeah. Better be..."

Food is ready in the table. Ipinaghila pa siya ni Travis ng upuan saka ito nag tanong, "Coffee or Milk?" he asked.

She fixed her messy hair, "Coffee." She simply said.

Dana is more of a coffee person in the morning and a milk baby before sleeping in the evening. Well, kapag nakainom naman siya ay hindi pwedeng uminom ng gatas—definitely not a good combination though.

They had a nice conversation throughout the breakfast. She simply smiled upon realizing something. After all, she is the Chef, yet Travis did the work of cooking for her. Travis is a good cook too. He can also be a Chef if he did not pursue Business Management. He can be the Executive Chef in her own restaurant.