Breathing is such a luxury she hadn't appreciated until it was taken away.

Through her blackened vision she can see Gold approaching, cane held in one hand, a eyes angry, but smirking, like she's not dying right before his eyes. But she can't tell what she's said has gotten under his skin, his tight grip on the handle of his cane giving him away, anger in every moment. 

"Are you finished Ms Swan? Ready to stop assuming you know everything about my relationships when you can't even figure out what's wrong with your own boyfriend?"

Another step forward, a terrible glint in his eye.

"It must be hard, knowing even now, after you've saved his life, he still doesn't trust you. I saw him leave, he didn't look very well did he? How blind are you, why can't you see what is in front of your very eyes?"

Her cheeks flush and she gasps angrily and claws at the force cutting off her breath, wishing with all her might that she could break away from the magic pinning her to the wall, but she can't. A voice in the back of her mind tells her he is confirming her worst suspicions about Killian, that something is majorly wrong and it has something to do with the Dark One

Her hand goes limp.

"Relax Ms Swan." Gold says, waving a hand, and her chest heaves, trying to take in as much oxygen as possible. Dizzy and faint she struggles to lift her head, pinned to the wall.

"Tell me where my wife is, or you will regret it Ms Swan," he breathes the words with menace, like he meant them.

And part of her was afraid.

But she was Emma freaking Swan, and the other ninety something percent of her wanted to fight like hell.

"Go...to...hell," she gasps out.

"Still working on it," Gold grins.

In a smooth solid movement he brings his cane up to strike her across the face. The metal hits her, leaving a dull painful feeling across her cheek, and she can't help giving out a little exclamation of pain. It comes back up and hits her nose, hard and fast.

She can feel blood, trickling down her face, metallic and cold against her skin.

"I know you've blocked her from my tracking spells, and I don't know what kind of magic you've got the Evil Queen working, but it would take me far too much time. Tell me where my wife is. Now preferably."

She says nothing, just looks at him, stubbornly refusing to break eye contact, knowing she must look ridiculous with blood on her face and refusing to back down.

Gold keeps her gaze, his eyes cold. Next thing she knows, he is holding up his hand and there is a dagger at her throat, held by an invisible force he controls.

He is furious now, and the only thing scarier than a cold and calculated Gold is one that has lost control.

"Tell me where my wife is or I swear your lover is going to come back from his little walk to find his girlfriend bleeding all over the white carpet. And I would hate to ruin the ending, it's quite a good one. I'm quite excited. But if you don't tell me where Belle is right now, I'll never get to live it. Or rather, you won't."

She had been in a lot of tricky situations in her life, and she knew that no matter what she couldn't back down. She knew that Belle was with the dwarfs, that the Queen had put them somewhere warded, protected until this was all over. But Regina refused to tell her, a decision she supported, knowing that the more people who knew the secret, the more Opportunities it had to leak.

So she did what Emma Swan always does. Stick out her chin, make rash choices and hope like hell she survives them.

"I have no idea where she is. And if I did you would be the last person I'd tell. You are the last person in the world she should be with, the she is the last person in the world you deserve."

The knife nicks at her throat and in a fluid motion flies back and speeds back towards her face, lodging itself next to her ear, barely missing her head. Her hands tremble, if only for a second before she clenches them into fists.

"Why are you doing this?" She whispers, "Why are you trying to ruin everything? What possible reason do you have?"

He gives sour looking smile.

"Stop asking questions you already know the answer to Ms Swan. I'm the villain. You made me the villain. And it's what I'm good at. The only thing I'm good at, according to you. And you and your band of merry- do-gooders have gotten away with screwing me over one to many times."

Pain pounds through her head, images flashing in front of her eyes, images she knows the Dark One is putting there. Her son dead, her parents leaving, every foster parent she's ever had fading into the distance.

Killian in the hospital, still and dead, the sounds and high pitched beeps of death surrounding them.

"STOP! STOP IT!" She screams, letting her wall break, letting herself hit her head against the wall, trying to block the images from her head. She can't see these things not again, not again, not again. Her chest is being ripped from the inside, her vision goes black, but the sound of hospital machines telling her her family is dead ringing in her ears.

It isn't real, but hell it feels like it is. It feels like dying, feels like falling apart when she should be defending herself. She feels the weakest she has ever felt, and every new image ruins her.

"Emma!"

She crashes to the floor, hands pressed to either side of her head, trying to stop the ringing in her head. Her chest can finally intake oxygen, and its making the most of it, heaving heavily. The door is flown open, Golds attention concentrated on the figure standing in the door.

Killian.

He's pointing a pointing a gun at the Dark One, looking franticly between Gold and her figure slumped against the wall. She tries to stand her body crumples, her mouth letting out a whimper of pain against her permission.

The noise draws Killians attention, wide eyes searching her, asking her a silent question. He looks so scared, so she nods, mouthing 'I'm fine'. His eyes harden, focusing back on the Dark One with loathing.

"Get out Gold," he says, teeth gritted, gun pointed, "Get out or I will shoot you right now."

"If you thought that would work, it might be cute," Gold spits, waving a hand and the gun flew out of his hand, and with it Killian gasps, Golds hand around his throat. The sorcerer was a lot stronger than he looked.

Her throat seizes, every muscle in her body wanting to stand up and fight, cut of his hands for threatening him, but her body refuses to let her.

"You know better than her that this isn't over," Gold whispers to Hook, eyes glinting "How have you been sleeping Captain? Anything strange?"

Hooks jaw clenches, staring Gold down.

"That's what I thought. Now, find me my wife, or next time I pay a visit I'll be sure not to leave either of you alive."

With a flick of his wrist Hook flies across the room, and in a poof of smoke Gold disappears, leaving the air thick with magic and the promise of something horrible to come. 

MUAHAHAHA that was fun to write, and the next chapter picks up right where this left off so don't worry nobody misses any Hook and Emma post fight comfort (low-key my aesthetic). How do Hooks dreams tie into this? Where is Belle? How will Rumple react if he doesn't find her?LEAVE YOUR ANSWERS IN THE COMMENTS, PLUS WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS STORY, ALSO A VOTE TO PUSH ME FORWARD

PEACE OUT!