The Battle Begins- Chapter 47

The Battle Begans

Chapter 47

                Anna woke up that night to loud voices coming from the Ravenclaw common room. Suddenly, the dark mark on her arm began to burn and throb. She lit a candle and pulled up the sleeve to her gown and there it was, the serpent moving and slithering through the mouth of the skull. She quickly pulled her sleeve back down and grabbed her Ravenclaw students robe, pulling it on over her nightgown. Harry had to be here at Hogwarts because someone had summoned the dark lord and now he was calling for his death eaters.

                Anna quickly went down the stairs and was shocked to see Harry, Luna and Professor McGonnagel in the common room; the stunned bodies of the Carrow twins littered the floor. They had called the dark lord and now he knew Harry was in Hogwarts.

                Things happened quickly after that. Out in the hallway Professors’ McGonnagel, Flitwick and Slughorn dueled Snape and the headmaster fled the school. Prof. McGonnagel took charge of the school, ordering everyone to the great hall.

                Anna headed to the Slytherin dorms to check on Draco. He met her in one of the hallways halfway down there.

                “We have to go, Anna,” he said quickly, grabbing her hand.

                “I am not leaving the school,” Anna said seriously, pulling away from him.

                “But the dark lord is calling for all of his death eaters. If you stay here you will be in very serious danger,” Draco urged her desperately; “We have to go to him, because he will kill any deserters.”

                “If Hogwarts is fighting, then I have to be here with the school. we both need to help the school,” Anna said firmly.

                “Anna, you can’t stay here. You will be safer going with me. The dark lord will show no mercy to anyone who stands in his way or refuses him now.”

                “I don’t care. It this is to be the battle that decides it all then I will be here to help them fight.”

                Draco looked at Anna in frustration and some anger, “Anna, as much as I want to stay and help, I have to go,” Draco pleaded for her to understand, “the dark lord has control of my mother and father and if I don’t go he will kill them. I have no choice. You have to come with me.”

                Anna was torn, as was Draco. But her decision had been made, “Draco, I love you with all my heart, but I have to stay here where I am needed. Despite this dark mark on my arm, my place is still with the Order and defeating Voldemort,” Anna hoped he would understand. She also hoped he would stay with her. Anna could see the hurt on his face, "Please, stay here," she begged him.

                The mark on both their arms started stinging again; the dark lord still calling his followers to him.

                “I have to go,” Draco said quickly, “please, come with me.”

                “No,” Anna said strongly, her mind made, “I’m sorry,” she whispered softly, leaning up to kiss Draco softly on the lips, she started walking quickly away from him before she changed her mind, heading for the great hall. It hurt terribly.

                “Anna, please,” Draco cried out, but Anna kept going, leaving Draco where he stood. She heard the swooshing sound of disapparation and looked back. Draco was gone.