Safe in Your Arms- Chapter 23

Safe in Your Arms

Chapter 23

                It was late and very dark as Draco made his way down to the dungeons in the cellar of his home. He had to be very quiet and he had already checked to make sure everyone was asleep. He quickly broke the spells that Wormtail had placed on the cell door. He used his wand to light up the area, and then he saw her. And what he saw made him want to go back and beat the hell out of that slimy rat. Anna was huddled in the corner near the back wall, lying in a fetal position and her knees almost up to her chest. Even from there he could see her shivering. That damn idiot Wormtail had thrown her in the dungeon without a single blanket or cot to sleep on. All she had to keep warm was the light blue sweater, jeans and tennis shoes she wore and it was damp and freezing down there.

                Draco moved closer. She was pale and her lips had no color. Anna’s eyes were closed in sleep, yet she was shaking all over. He had to be careful if he was going to get her out of there. He knelt down and as a precaution he put his hand over her mouth and leaned over to whisper in her ear. She didn’t come to at first, but then she began to moan.

                Anna felt so cold. Her mind was registering warmth that she suddenly felt against her mouth and then she heard a voice calling her name in a whisper and she felt warmth against her ear. She thought she might be dying because it felt like heaven. Anna tried to respond, but her voice was muffled and it was hard to speak. Slowly she opened her eyes, trying to focus. Her vision was cloudy at first, but then silver-blue eyes became clearer and she could see the look of concern on Draco Malfoy’s face. She tried to scramble away from him, but her movements were jerky from having lain on the cold damp floor for so long. He had his hand over her mouth and he grabbed her to him in a hug.

                “Anna, calm down,” he said frantically in a whisper to her ear, “you have got to be quiet or you are going to wake them up.”

                Anna started to relax a little, but the trembling wouldn’t stop.

                “Now listen,” Draco said seriously, “we don’t have time to waste. I am going to take my hand away. Do not speak or make a sound. I am going to get you out of here and you need to come with me. We are going to hide you in my rooms until I can think of a plan to get you out of this house and back where you belong. Do you understand me?”

                Anna nodded. Draco moved his hand away and stood up, taking Anna’s hand and pulling her up to her feet. Her hand was colder than ice cubes. She tried to walk with him, but she was so cold, her knees kept trying to buckle under her. Draco picked her up in his arms and Anna didn’t care, she clung to his warm body, burying her face into his neck, inhaling the warmth and smell of his skin.

                Draco couldn’t believe how cold Anna was, the damp clothes clinging to her. Draco held her to him and made his way silently up to his set of rooms. He closed the door silently behind him and gently laid Anna on the bed, he had to practically peal her icy arms off of him.

                He went to his door, locking it and putting all manner of protective spells and alarms on it and throughout all the rooms. He had his main room and sitting room, plus his bathroom and huge walk-in closet. He put spells on everything.

                Draco went back to the bed. Anna lay there still shivering from the cold and her eyes were closed. He was getting worried. He used his wand to stoke up the fireplace, adding more logs to the fire until it was blazing. He didn’t light any candles for fear someone would see the light, but the fireplace and the full moon outside lit his room. And then it hit him, it was a full moon cycle and he knew about Anna’s sickness and fear of it. But he also realized she had no wolfsbane potion.

                Draco put his hand to her cheek which still felt like ice. She moaned a little and opened her eyes, “Don’t touch me,” she said in a barely hissed whisper.

                Draco couldn’t blame her after the way he had treated her back at Hogwarts when he’d broken things off between them. But right now it didn’t matter what she wanted, he had to get her warm. Draco started pulling her shoes off and then her socks, taking her slender feet into his hands and rubbing them. She tried to jerk them away, but he held them firmly.

                “Anna, stop it. We have to get your body warm or you’re going to set up hypothermia and go into shock,” and then he started unbuttoning her jeans.

                “What are you doing?” she rasped out, grabbing his hands.

                “I have to get you out of these damp icy clothes. I’ve got to get you under these covers,” he said seriously.

                Anna stopped fighting him. She knew he’d get his way, and besides, she was to exhausted and achy and had no strength to fight him.

                Draco finished unbuttoning her jeans quickly and began pulling them off gently, revealing the soft white bikini panties that hugged her hips. He then gently pulled the light blue sweater over her head. Draco looked down at her lying on his bed. It was something he’d dreamed about for a long time, having Anna with him as his own. He had not forgotten how beautiful her body was, slender yet curvy in all the right places. Draco pulled back the covers on his large bed and picked up Anna placing her in the middle of the bed and tucking the covers in around her. He quickly tossed her damp clothing in his large closet and came back. He began to remove his own clothing, all the way down to his boxers. He climbed into the bed and under the covers, pulling Anna to him in a hug. The iciness of her skin was like a shock and was alarming.

                “What do you think you are doing?” Anna demanded softly, pushing feebly away from him.

                “I have to get you warm, and this is the best way to do it,” he said sternly, “So quit fighting me.”

                Anna finally gave in. she couldn’t resist the warmth of his body anyway as she snuggled up against him, his arms around her. She didn’t really want to fight him anyway, but she knew being with him would only bring her pain, not the physical kind but pain to her heart, which was the worst. This was all she had ever wanted, just to be held and loved by him always. Even as badly as he treated her, she would never get enough of him. Anna felt his hands on her body, rubbing her skin briskly but gently, trying to bring the warmth back to her frozen limbs. He was gentle, and as the warmth slowly crept back into her, so did her emotions from everything that had happened that night and seeing Draco again. Anna could not stop the tears that silently fell from her eyes.

                Anna’s head was against his chest and Draco felt the wetness of her tears slowly wetting his skin. He brought his hand up gently to Anna’s face. She was still pale, but her lips were regaining their pink color. He looked into her hazel green eyes and could see the fear and despair and it tore at his heart. “Anna, you’re safe now,” he took her chin gently in his hand so she could look up at him; “I will get you out of here. Do you hear me? Please, don’t be afraid,” he said softly against her cheek.

                Anna grabbed him to her, feeling his protective arms wrap around her tightly. No matter what was happening or was going to happen to them, she realized he still cared for her. Anna could no longer fight the exhaustion and sleep finally came. She felt safe lying in Draco’s arms.