Hurt and Cruelty- Chapter 28

Hurt and Cruelty

Chapter 28

                Time went on at Hogwarts and Anna tried to wipe Draco Malfoy from her heart and mind. She was failing at it terribly. It was hard, especially since they still had classes together. But she tried never to look at him and sit as far away from him as possible. Sometimes she could feel his eyes on her and her heart would clench and twist painfully.

                Anna had started spending a lot of time with Rafe, the handsome auror who had been sent by his uncle, Mad-Eye Moody, to help guard Hogwarts. They would meet some evenings after dinner in the choir room that Professor Flitwick used for practice. Rafe had brought his acoustic guitar with him to Hogwarts and he would play muggle songs that Anna knew, getting her to sing the lyrics and sometimes he would sing with her. Rafe also came up with his own music, and he and Anna would create the lyrics and then she would do the vocals. Rafe couldn’t believe how great Anna’s voice was.

                “You know, after you finish Hogwarts, you could always become a singer. The muggle world would love you,” he said seriously.

                Anna laughed, “I don’t know about that.”

                “Well I do,” he said looking at her with those deep green eyes that would make any other girl melt, “Tell me something, Anna. What happened those few days when you were snatched by those death eaters? I know Draco Malfoy helped you escape, but something else happened too. There is more to it than you are telling.”

                Anna wouldn’t look at him, “There is nothing else to it,” Anna said shortly, not wanting to talk about Draco.

                “But how did he get you out of there without being caught by Bellatrix or Greyback?” Rafe wasn’t letting it go.

                “If you must know, he kept me hidden in his bedroom. He rescued me from the dungeon in his house late that night after I was captured and kept me hidden. We used an invisibility cloak. That was how I was able to leave his house with him and make it to the train station for Hogwarts,” Anna looked at him, her cheeks turning a light shade of pink; she could just imagine what he was thinking about her staying in Draco’s bedroom for three days, “And that’s how it happened,” she finished.

                “Well, I can tell something has been wrong with you since then and you are hurting, so don’t try to deny it. He didn’t take advantage of you did he?” Rafe asked, getting angry. Anna had never heard him get angry before. Rafe was concerned, but Anna almost wanted to laugh. Rafe would be shocked if he knew it had been the other way around. Anna had known completely what she was doing when she seduced Draco that night in his bed. And for what, she thought sadly. Draco may have wanted her then, but it hadn’t changed how things were between them.

                “No Rafe, he didn’t take advantage of me. He was a perfect gentleman actually,” Anna assured him.

                “Anna, I’m not trying to judge you or tell you have to live your life. I just want you to know that I am here for you if you need me or need to talk. That’s all,” he was looking at her deeply again with those sexy eyes and smile, “I’m worried about you. I know you haven’t gotten over him, but hopefully in time that will change,” he said sweetly, and Anna wished so much he was right. Here was the perfect guy right in front of her, and she liked Rafe, but Draco had his poison in her heart and she didn’t think she would ever recover.