You Want Me to do What!?- Chapter 3

Chapter 3

                The next day Anna finally got to meet Harry Potter. Of course he was in some of her classes but they had never actually met or talked. Anna had been taking a break from her classes when Fred and George found her sitting alone in the courtyard.

                “Hey, Anna banana,” Fred grinned at her, “how’s it going?”

                Anna looked up from her book. She had been trying to do some reading. It was Romeo and Juliet. Despite the fact that it was a muggle book and she had read it a dozen times, it was still one of her favorites. “Hi Fred,” Anna smiled up at them both.

                “Can you believe it?” he punched George lightly, “she still knows us apart.”

                “It’s not hard,” George laughed, sitting down on the bench beside Anna, “I am the cute one after all.”

                Anna laughed when Fred rolled his eyes, “Whatever. We actually came over to introduce you to someone.  Anna, Harry Potter. Harry this is Annabelle Blackburn.”

                “Hello,” Harry said smiling.

                Anna could not believe it. She had seen Harry dozens of times from a distance in class and around Hogwarts, but it was different up close and personal. She could not stop her eyes from traveling up to look at the lightning shaped scar on his forehead. She knew all about it because her mother had told her so many times. She could not stop herself when she asked, “Does it hurt?” and then she quickly covered her mouth. Where had that come from? “I’m sorry,” Anna said, her face turning scarlet.

                Harry just laughed, “It’s ok, and no, it doesn’t hurt. Well, at least most of the time it doesn’t,” he said touching the scar out of habit.

                “Yes, well enough about our messed up friend,” George spoke up, “We didn’t just come over so you could meet our old friend Harry here, but also to see if you would be interested in meeting with a bunch of us soon.”

                “Yeah,” Fred continued, “a lot of us are going to meet soon to try to come up with a plan to learn real Defense Against the Dark Arts and fight Umbridge.”

                “I know that you don’t care for Umbridge’s teaching in our class, so I thought I might ask you,” Harry added.

                Anna couldn’t believe Harry was asking her. Of course she wanted to fight back against Umbridge. She thought of all the terrible punishments she was giving the students who disagreed with Umbridge, “Sure Harry, I would love to. Just let me know exactly when and I’ll be there.”

                “Great,” Harry smiled brightly, “Well, I’ll see you later.”

Draco

                “Dammit,” Draco mumbled to himself. He looked out across the outer courtyard where a lot of students went to socialize, do schoolwork or whatever else they did between classes. He had seen Anna sitting alone on a bench in the corner and had been about to go over when none other than Harry and the Weasley twins beat him to it. What the hell did they want? Then Draco watched angrily as Anna smiled up at him. That same lovely smile she’d given him that first day he’d met her on the train.