CHAPTER 43 : NO REGRETS

Surprise!!!!

**********
Recap...

After making sure he wasn't in the room, I got up whimpering lowly. I crawled towards the ropes and took out the phone from under them.

I opened my phone to see missed calls from Juliet, Sarah, Nathan, Nikhil, Jason and Zach.

I dialled Zach's number. The phone rang and my heartbeat increased. I hope he just picks up his phone.

On the 8th ring, he finally answered.

"Hello Tasha."

**********

Natasha's POV

"Z-zach!" I whispered with a sigh of relief.

"Tasha, where are you baby? Are you okay? Please tell me you are fine. I am so worried. I am so so sorry. Tell me where are you." He replied hastily with worry lacing his voice.

"Zach I...Zach help me please. He is crazy. He...he is a psycho." I replied, tears clouding my vision.

"Baby calm down and tell me who are you talking about and where are you?" He replied but his own voice was desperate.

"Mr Paul. He is crazy Zach. I-I am at his place now. He kept me in t-the basement. I can't tell you much over the phone. H-He will return at any moment. Track this phone and call the cops. I don't have much time Zach."

"You don't worry baby. I will be there in no time. Hang on for a while. I will protect you." He said determined but I didn't miss the fear in his voice.

"Zach?"

"Yes Tasha?"

"I love you." I said controlling my tears.

"I know and I love you more. Hang on okay? I am coming." He said and hung up.

I sat there for a while staring at the cell phone.

I was so naive to fall into this trap. So stupid to believe a person like that. My mom used to tell me, "don't let someone's word blind you from their behaviour. They can say all the things right, but don't be fooled. Their actions will reveal their true character and desires. Behaviour speaks. Pay attention to them. Behaviour is maths. Pay attention to what it reveals."

But in this case, my mom was wrong. Mr Paul not only spoke right things but his behaviour was never questionable. He always behaved nicely with everyone. It could have fooled the smartest of the smartest.

Unfortunately, it was me.

But, a rather large part of me was glad that this happened. Atleast I saved a little girl who was tortured mercilessly because of me.

"Oh thank God you woke up. You know you did a blunder mistake my dear." The bastard said entering the basement with a knife.

"If I get a c-chance to d-do it over again, I-I'll gladly do it y-you psycho."

His humourless laughter filled the basement as I said that.

"Look at you! That's what I love about you. You are so feisty. It's a huge turn on. If you keep up like that, it won't take me long enough to fuck you senseless in every possible way." He said looking at me. I felt as if he was raping me with his eyes.

I won't lie. Yes I was scared but my past experience has taught me something, 'When you don't have a knight in shining armour, be your own knight in shining armour.'

"If you even lay a f-finger on me, I will make sure that you don't see tomorrow's light. I am a game to you. Aren't I? Fine, I will fucking show you how it's played. I refuse to be a victim. I refuse to be afraid.