CHAPTER 38 - HOW COULD YOU!!

Zach's POV

I love you Zach.

I love you Zach.

I love you Zach.

I smiled yet again as her words echoed in my head. Ugh why am I behaving like a love sick puppy?

Because right now, you are a love sick puppy. My conscience replied with sarcasm.

It's been like this since the night she conveyed her feelings to me. To say I was ecstatic, would be a huge understatement. It's been one week since that night when I heard her say 'I love you Zach' after which she splashed water on me and ran away.

She hasn't said those magical three words again. It was the first and the last time. I feel as though she is going through some things which she isn't sharing with me. There is something wrong with her.

Her mouth could lie as much as it wants but her eyes couldn't hide anything. To me, she is like an open book. I can see the struggle in her eyes. I can see how much she tries to hide it from me. She fails everytime.

Her smile just vanished in thin air day after day. She doesn't talk much. It seems as though she is waiting for something to strike. Like something is gonna happen. She always seems to be cautious around everyone.

Seeing her in this state, I want to comfort her but the only thing that is stopping is that, she doesn't want me to know. Otherwise, she would have told me a long time ago. I am worried about her so I have decided that if she doesn't tell me what's wrong, I will confront her about it.

I should have done it a long ago but I was waiting for her to come and tell me what's bothering her this much. What is making her so paranoid?

Getting out of my car, I started walking towards the college entrance.
As soon as I entered the college, Carolyn came towards me with a worried face.

"Everything okay?" I asked her and she breathed out and shook her head.

"Umm I wanted to ask something." She replied awkwardly.

"Go ahead."

"Is everything okay between you and Natasha?" She blurted out.

"Yes. Why do you ask?" I asked confused.

"Uh okay. No it's nothing. Really. I just thought uh you know umm she didn't seem quite well since last week so I thought that you guys are off." She replied while stuttering.

"No Carolyn. It's nothing like that. She is going through some stuff I guess. She didn't tell me as well. Maybe she doesn't want me to worry." I said smiling a bit.

"Some stuff my ass." She mumbled out but I it heard crystal clear.

"What?" I asked even though I heard it clearly.

"Uh nothing Zach. Just be strong." She replied walking away.

Be strong? What did she mean by that?

I shrugged and left for my first class as the warning bell rang.

As I entered the classroom, I saw Natasha sulking in the corner of the room, looking out of the window. She seemed completely lost in her own world. I looked to the right where the group was sitting. Everyone was silent. Some were looking at her while she was completely unaware of the attention on her.

What in the world is happening?

I took a seat next to her but she still didn't snap out of it.