CHAPTER 18 - ONE MISSING PIECE FOUND

Zach's POV

I was sitting in my balcony with my hands over my eyes. The eye drops I put in my eyes was slowly sinking but the memory of what happened all those years ago just came afloat.

Flashback

"Mommy? Is there something special today?" I asked my mom who was freaking out in the kitchen.

"Yes baby. Someone special is going to come today. I can't wait to introduce you to them." She said with a dazzling smile. I haven't seen that smile since a long time. She is so happy right now. I want this moment to stop right here. I don't want my mom to be depressed like she used to be.

"Who are they mommy?" I asked curiously.

"You will see them baby and you will love them. Especially Megan. I swear that girl is so adorable. I just love her." She gushed out. I frowned with jealousy. My mommy loves someone else. I could feel the tears in my eyes. My mom noticed it and frowned.

"Why are you crying baby?" She took me in her embrace and I suddenly felt so warm. I tightly held her.

"You don't love me mommy?" I asked her weakly.

"Oh my baby. I love you the most. You light up my world like nobody else. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. Why would you say that Zach?" She asked wiping away the tears that fell on my cheeks.

"You said you love her mommy."

"Oh she is a little girl. You are going to love her too." She said smiling.

I nodded and started playing with her hair. She kissed my cheeks, made me sit on a chair and again started working.

"Come baby, let's get you ready for the guest." She said taking me to my bedroom. She gave new clothes and told me to get ready.

"Mommy. You look happy."

"I am happy." She grinned. Ear to ear.

I was happy that my mom was happy. She had gone through so much. I showered and got ready. I went to the living room. My mom was already dressed up and she looked like an angel. This person must be very special.

We both were sitting on the couch waiting for them. Mommy said they will arrive at 6:30. It was 6:05 when the door bell rang.

"Oh they are early." She stated and went to open the door. I sat there curiously waiting to see who this special person is.

"YOU?? WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?" I heard my mom shouting at someone in panic. I stood up to go to my mom but she was pushed back. She fell hard.

"BITCH! I TOLD YOU NOT TO RUN AWAY FROM ME. DIDN'T I? I ALWAYS KNEW YOU WERE A SLUT. FUCKING BITCH! YOU WILL PAY NOW." I heard the familiar haunting voice of my father.

He was here! We ran away from him. He found us. My father grabbed my mom's hair and started dragging her inside. I was frozen. I couldn't move. I wanted to help my mom but my feet felt so heavy. My eyes were wide. My palm sweating. Tears cloud up my vision. Only one thought in my mind. That monster is gonna kill us.

"ZACH! GO HIDE." I heard my mom shouting at me to hide. I couldn't leave her like that. Not when she was finally happy.

My father, a monster, slapped her. He punched her multiple times on her angelic face. Her face was badly bruised. Blood was oozing out of her mouth and nose. She had black eyes. That monster still kept beating her like no tomorrow.