Twelve

x

Phil's POV

I stood up angrily, slamming my fists against the desk making nearly everyone in the courtroom jump. I have to sit here quietly hoping they'd make the right decision even though it was obvious. 

Dans hands were shaking as he waited for the judge, the most hopeful eyes I've seen on him, I think, ever.

"What do you mean?" She asked, obviously as steaming as me but keeping it cool because it was her job.

"Phil sit down." Nick spoke quietly, his voice threatening. I did quickly just to make us seem calm.

"Well. We really don't have proof that any of this is true. Besides the bruises which he could have done himself or Phil could have done. The video... They're professional youtubers right? Who says they couldn't just edit it?" One person stood up. Some of them nodded.

People broke out into conversation sending theories every way possible but annoying the judge even more.

"I have seen these two men before. My children love them. The way they talk about them makes them seem like the most innocent people to exist." The judge says loudly making people quiet down. "I know this is unprofessional of me but. They have millions of people looking up to them and for good reason. I doubt they would do something so extreme. What reason would they have? Phil simply left Liz out of his life. Jay had nothing to do with it." She went on. "And plus. That's Jay's business that he runs illegally with his hackers."

"Yes but Dan probably wants revenge so he made all of this up with Phil!" The person starts shouting. Liz was sitting there with a smirk playing her lips and Jay an evil glimmer to his frowning face. 

"I can confirm as an official officer that they were not bluffing. Everything was absolutely real and with how experienced both me and Robert are, we would have seen the small things." Nick stood. "Plus the both of them had never met Jay before."

"But two men should not live happily ever after because of a normal human break up!" They snapped, covering their mouth after realizing what they had said.

"Wait." The judge glared over. "Are you making this decision based on your beliefs on homosexuality?" 

"N-no. I-"

"Enough. Guilty. Thirty years in prison as well as Liz here. Dan and Phil are free and safe to go once the reporters leave. Any camera left on campus within the hour will be charged. Thank you!" She slammed the hammer thingy on the table and left quickly. 

Dan looked at me with the biggest smile today. I hugged him tightly soon feeling his tears land on my neck. Kissing his cheek gently, I started getting overwhelmed too. 

We are safe.

"You're okay, love." I mumbled into his ear. "You're with me."

Dan's POV

Phil and I were sitting in the room with the two officers and Pj. Everyone was gone but we still had to wait for the clear. 

The judge suddenly came in, making us stand professionally to greet her but she shook her head lightly with a chuckle.

"I wanted to say something quickly." Her voice now soft and gently unlike earlier. Something about her made me happy in a motherly way. "That person was a bigot trying to destroy your lives for not believing in real love. You have every right to be together because you both deserve each other." She smiled.

"You really saved us today thank you." Phil let out a nervous breath.

"Can I ask for a favor?" She asked, twisting her fingers.