Three

x

-Day Two-

Dan's POV

Life is precious. Death is inevitable. I've been lying here in this spot for god knows how long. It's been cold for hours. I don't know if the sun is up or how long I even slept.

With my hands tangled together hiding by my chest, I rolled to look at the room. It was dark in here. A warm tear rolled down my nose and dripped off. 

I was still in pain from yesterday. My bruises hadn't gotten better and the blood had just dried. Their car rolled up so I stood up as quickly as I could and wiped the wetness off of my face.

"Danny!" Liz sang as she unlocked my door. "How are you this morning? Awe... have you been crying?" She pouted falsely at me.

"No it's just cold." I denied it. The worst that can happen is them knowing how to get under my skin.

"Well. Here." She handed me the newspaper from today. "That'll keep you somewhat warm. I just stopped by to feed you. Jay says we need you alive... for a little while at least." She handed me a granola bar. 

I tried not to say anything so they didn't take the little I had. 

"Get some more sleep. You'll need it for the b- uh.. the big day." She winked and slammed the door. 

With all the self control I could manage, I ate the granola bar slowly making sure to chew each bite for at least forty five seconds. 

"Think colder than the cold." I sighed and sat in my corner with the newspaper. I wrapped it  around me and scooted as far back as I could. "Ice. Ice is cold yeah? It makes that wet stuff on the side of the cup sometimes too. It lives in the freezer." I smiled feeling my body get a little warmer. 

They should have left me a watch a least so I could know when in the day it is. "Ice. Snow. Phil's fingers when he doesn't have gloves on." I smiled and closed my eyes trying to fall asleep.

Phil's POV

"I brought breakfast." Pj came into my house this morning. The police were already here so we had waited for him. He's not the biggest part in this but he did help me with comfort. 

"You're also late." I pulled him inside and up the stairs to the officers who were waiting to continue our conversations.

"Whoever this guy is, he's obviously done this before... He doesn't leave a trace of anything. Like we have nothing so far. We can either wait for something or go looking?" An officer sighed, the other rubbed his head. 

"Have you tried a face scan of him? The computer might recognize his... eyes?" Pj took out a burrito and started munching. 

"We have. Unfortunately it's too blurry to get anything." 

We sat in silence trying to figure this out. My phone buzzed from the couch but I ignored it. Pj looked at me as if telling me to get it but still I left it. If it wasn't Dan it was't important. It buzzed once more which was enough for Pj to get up and get it for me. 

I watched as he checked who it was and his face went white. 

"Who is it?" I stood up. The two officers now really into my phone too. 

"Dan." He looked at me. I quickly took my phone and unlocked it seeing what he said. My heart was beating fast and I felt like my stomach was on a plane falling out of the sky. 

"What does it say?" One of the officers asks. 

"'it's his fault' with an image of him." I started crying. In the image, Dan was bruised and bleeding. Crumpled newspaper laid around him which was covered in blood. He was obviously knocked out.