Seven

x

-Day Five-

Dan's POV

My back was up against the cold wall, my head was pounding and my body hurt. Trying to leave yesterday was the worst decision of my life. 

I don't know how long I've been out but by the looks of it... a while. I was alone in the house now. A hard sandwich laid on the floor by the door but I didn't touch it. I can't eat now. 

Maybe when I was out, Jay decided to really hurt me. I have more bruises than yesterday. I was more sore as well but maybe it was just the hill.

As I slumped down onto the ground to lay fully flat, I had a little cry. I talked about how death really is unpreventable and joked about life a lot... but maybe this is the universe slapping me in the face for all of that. 

I missed my life back at home. Phil. Youtube. Music. Everything really. Even though it must be a week since I've been in here... it feels like months. I wish I had the time. I wish I saw the sun, the moon. I wish I breathed air. 

I was too busy escaping yesterday to even appreciate the warmth of the sun or the coolness of the air. If only I had taken a second to do so maybe I wouldn't be so upset. 

The van pulled up slowly telling me to stand and prepare for whatever it is to come. I felt uneasy as the front door opened and mine didn't immediately after. 

Liz came in slowly followed by Jay who stepped on the sandwich accidentally. I didn't care as the inside were squeezed out of it but he did. Liz raised a brow at me. 

"You didn't eat it?" She asked. I shook my head and kept my glare on Jay. 

"You're going to." He mumbled, picking it up. "Sit." He ordered as if I was his pet. I sat quickly trying to follow his orders just to not get it too bad today. 

"You're not really going to make him." Liz furrowed her brows. Even she thought it was gross. "Right?" It seemed in a way she was taking my side a lot and/or felt bad for me. 

He didn't say anything but handed me the sandwich. I shook my head and set it down refusing to. I really couldn't eat it no matter how hungry I was. I felt almost sick. So if I were to eat it, I may actually throw it back up.

With a swift motion, Jay picked it up and slapped me with it. Then put it on my mouth and pushed but since my mouth closed, he didn't force it into me, he just smushed it on my face. 

He pulled my hair causing me to cry out in pain and give him the opportunity to shove the gross food into my mouth. I tried to push him away from me but putting my hands on him was another terrible decision. 

Jay stood with fire in his eyes. I put my hands behind my back and opened my mouth just so he wouldn't get too angry. But now it was too late. 

He kicked me in my stomach and side which knocked me over onto the ground. He then spat on the sandwich before dropping it near me.

"I want to see you eat that. Now." His voice low and threatening. I closed my eyes then ate it without a second thought. I didn't pay attention to anything but swallowing. "You need your nutrients." He chuckled.

Once I had finished, with tears in my eyes, I looked up at him to see a smirk laying at his chapped lips. 

I shivered from the feeling of the junk that's going through my body. I felt sick from it already. Jay and Liz left quickly after snapping a picture leaving me to gag in the corner. There was no way I was letting it come up. 

If I had, they might make me eat that. 

Phil's POV

"Absolutely nothing happened yesterday." Robert groaned and leaned into his chair. 

"The stream did." I mumbled looking down at my tangled fingers wishing that they were tangled with Dan's instead of just mine. 

"Yeah but we didn't get any information besides he has a hotspot without a location. Which sounds impossible but hackers can do that." Nick sighed. "If he plays his cards right he can send everything from that thing. That'll make it harder to find him." 

"But we're here now. He's going to show his face sometime." Pj joins our conversation. 

"And then what? We follow him?" I asked sarcastically. 

"Yeah." Nick answered back with the same tone but more seriously. 

"Okay let's follow someone we're trying to catch with a police car in the middle of nowhere. We definitely won't be seen." I snapped, laying back on the bed and rubbing my eyes. 

Everyone was silent after this. I felt like I had ruined everything and all our plans were burnt to the ground now. 

"Sorry I'm just-" I sit up to face them all.

"No no don't be sorry you're right. It's a terrible idea." Nick chuckled. 

The silence takes over again as we sit there trying to figure something, anything, out. Robert taps his pen on his knees to a familiar beat but none of us cared. The sound of something was better than nothing. 

My phone buzzed which scared all of us but I opened it as quickly as possible. 

"'He tried to get away last night. Got what he deserved'" I read with a shaky, dry voice and opened the image. Dan was on his hands and knees in the corner. He looked sick and worse than yesterday. 

Nick quickly hooked up my phone to see where it was. It spent longer loading this time than it has. More quiet. More time the image was burning into my head. 

Dan's poor, abused body. Food deprived and beaten. He was so small.

"As guessed. He used the hotspot." He sighed and unplugged my phone giving it back to me angrily. Now we had nothing.. 

Absolutely nothing

Dan's POV

They were acting weird. Jay would stay here and send the pictures to Phil making me watch. I didn't understand as this place should pop up on any map when it came through.

"I think we could hang out here for a bit Liz..." Jay smirked and walked out of my room. Liz chuckled and followed, locking my room. 

"Get some rest Danny." Liz shouted through the wall. Jay whistled a tune trying to be all positive. 

I curled into a ball in the corner hoping for something... anything to happen. 

I just need him. 

"Phil." I whimpered as a tear dripped off my nose.