Four

x

-Day Three-

Phil's POV

"Any news?" I asked once I opened the door to the two police officers. They shook their head and came in as I stayed with the door open, scared out of my mind. 

"As predicted, Liz's house was empty. The landlord even forgot about her. She's been gone a while." Nick stated and took off his shoes. "You have a bag ready just in case?" 

"Yeah it's on my bed." I mumbled. Dan's bed really but it was ours. 

"Where's the other one? Pj?" Robert asked as he got upstairs. "If he's late again-"

"I haven't heard from him since last night. He was going to have dinner with someone.. didn't say." I frowned. 

"Okay. Let's just start and maybe if he comes we can just explain what we've done." Nick tries and calms everyones nerves. 

We sit at my table again, computers filling it everywhere with paperwork and the notepad. Nick was typing away on his laptop as Robert was organizing his pencils. 

"Okay." Nick turned after clicking one last thing. "Nothing from the Starbucks yet. Maybe he's trying to psych us out..." He sighed and thought for a moment. 

"No texts from 'Dan' or Liz?" Robert asks me looking directly into my eyes. I shook my head. 

"Hopefully we get something today." 

Dan's POV

The door opened making a bright light shine in on my face. I tried to look at whoever it was who opened the door but the sun was directly in my eyes. 

"Hello?" I asked. My voice was raspy from not drinking enough water. I covered the sun with my hand to see Phil standing there, smiling. "Phil." I whispered.

"Dan." A tear rolled down his cheek. I wanted nothing more than to just stand and run to him but my wrists were chained to the wall. 

"Phil. Come here please." My voice still low as I felt a lump form. 

"I can't do that, love." He frowned at me. 

"What why not?" I kneeled, now pulling at the wall. 

"Because I'm not close enough. Jay... he really knows how to hide. But.. I need you to give me hints." He winked at me. 

"What? How? I don't have anything to use." I breathed out heavily as Phil's form started fading. 

"You'll know Danny. I love you." He stepped back and shut the door leaving me in the cold. 

I opened my eyes to see Liz just now placing a cooked egg in front of me. I rarely ate eggs but this looked amazing. 

"Awe. Have a bad dream?" She asked and raked her fingers through my hair. I used my unchained hands to back up from her. "Well listen. You look pretty pale. Here's some water and breakfast. Jay will come by later to ask some things." She winked at me and shut the door. 

I looked around me and nothing had changed. My throat did hurt. I felt sweaty and cold at the same time. I slowly drank the bottle of water then looked at the egg. 

A knife and a fork. 

"I know." I mumbled to myself and picked up the knife with a smile.

Phil's POV

I paced around my kitchen as Nick was on the phone with the people at Starbucks. He hadn't been there all day. Maybe he just wont send me something for a while because he knew that was risky.