Nine

x

-Day Six Still-

Phil's POV

"Just a forth of a mile." Nick drove off quickly. I looked around me hoping to see him. I wanted to run at Dan then give him the biggest hug I could manage.

"There's the van!" Pj shouted a moment later. Now we had to decide how to catch them. Do we follow? Do we arrest them now?

"What do we do?" Nick asked, pulling over on the other side of the road as we all watched the van.

"If we go in now, they might not tell us where he is." I mumbled feeling another painful lump form in my throat. Pj puts his hand on mine, the other with his phone.

"So do we follow?" Robert added to the conversation. Liz left the store followed by the guy we've seen only in the footage. Tall, big muscles and the beard just like it.

"I'm following." Nick started the engine. I had a terrible feeling about this but I couldn't speak while going through all these emotions.

He was hurting my love.

He took Dan, hits him and starves him.

As soon as their van started down the road, we followed making sure to keep an eye at all times. I was chewing my nails, Pj was bouncing his leg and Robert was taking notes (of course) of what turns we took.

We left the city turning onto a road leading into huge grass fields. "Where are we?" Robert tried to look up the location on his phone.

"There's no service here." Pj groans and puts his phone in his pocket.

"Must be a big reason why they had that hotspot. How did they get the hotspot out here though?" Nick furrows his brows.

The longer we drove, the more worried I got. He can't be so far out here. Only grass, some trees and bushes scattered. Just an hour ago we were in the city but we've gone so far in there's absolutely nothing.

Pj is quite obviously bored, leaning his head against the window, tapping a random beat. Nick is confused and Robert is trying to find something that may lead us to Dan. I'm sitting here just worried out of my mind.

This could possibly be the closest to Dan I've been this week.

We suddenly turned which woke me from my thoughts. The van was nowhere in sight. Nick seemed to be panicking and Robert kept examining his notes.

"Where are they?" I asked, leaning into the front.

"Behind us." Robert whispered, looking into the mirror. Nick broke quickly causing the wheels to screech and all of us to fall forward.

"Fuck!" Nick rubbed his eyes before grabbing his gun that just hung on his belt.

"Nobody leave the car." Robert warned. "Wait to see what they do."

We all watched through the mirror as Liz gets out of the car, strutting to us. The man follows slowly after.

"Hey there officers. I saw you guys following. We do anything wrong?" She asks in such a fake voice. We meet eye contact and I see a glimmer of confidence. A smirk crakes its way onto her lips.

"Out of everyone out here, you had to be behind us." The man smiled, leaning down to wink at us. There wasn't anyone around so he was obviously teasing us.

"We were just out for a joyride!" Nick smiled back. "Say... Rob here really has to use the bathroom. You wouldn't have a... house we could stop by?" He asked with a brow raised. I face palmed. This was getting nothing done.