Eight

x

-Day Six-

Dan's POV

Something was up with them. They even slept here last night making it easier to beat me up in the morning. I was staring at the ceiling with blood surrounding me. It was a small puddle from opened cuts Jay had stretched earlier. 

My door was open, allowing light in but Liz stood in front of it guarding me from leaving. 

Today I felt numb. Like this has been going on forever and my body was ready to give out. I was weaker than before. I was sore, there was no food in my system. My muscles didn't exist. 

"Liz?" I asked, slowly turning my head to look over. She glanced and raised a brow. "How long have I been here?"

"Uhh..." She checked her phone. "Six days." She turned her back against me to ignore me. My mouth gaped as I stared at her. Six days? I honestly thought it was longer. 

Jay came in shortly after with my phone in his hands. "Say hello to Phil!" He smiled, waving a little bit. Was it a video? Live stream? Or just pictures? I looked away which angered him. They may know how to get under my skin but I knew better of how to get under theirs. 

He took out a small devise from his back pocket and pressed a couple buttons which lit it a beautiful green. 

"What's that?" I asked quietly. He smirked.

"A wireless hotspot. No location. All the wifi I need to send your precious boyfriend a picture." He winked. I stared in awe getting an idea of how I may be able to get closer to Phil. 

"You just turn it off and on and no one notices where it is?" I asked trying to seem interested. "For all the time I've been on the internet I've never heard of these." I chuckled, my tongue rolling between my front teeth.

"Yep. We've got quite a team you've yet to see." He returns the devise in his back pocket where my idea finished. 

I stood quickly to come eye to eye with him. I may not be threatening. I may be weak. But this is going to work. 

The final question is... front or back? I smirked at the ground. 

"Oh?" Jay questions. "And what are you thinking? There's no way you're getting ahold of either of these things?" He wiggles my phone and touches his back pocket. 

"You had to go to the city to send messages yeah? But you got one of those things and now you can just live here?" I asked, leaning into the wall with crossed arms. He nodded beginning to type a message. 

I took the chance of him being distracted to jump into his arms, knocking him to the ground on his bum. More importantly on the hotspot. 

We all heard the crunch. 

"Say what are you? 6'5"? Big... buff? Two hundred something pounds on a small plastic fragile thing?" I breathed definitely feeling powerful. 

"You've made a huge mistake." Jay growled as he pulled out the shattered and crushed box. "You think Phil knows how to track something?! He doesn't even know if we're North or South! We're four hours away from where you live sweetheart!" He shouted at me. 

"I'm pretty sure we're South..." I looked at my nails which were a mess. 

"How the hell do you know that?" Liz came in with crossed arms and wide eyes. 

"The air is thicker in the North. I used to live here.. I visit the North all the time. You think I wouldn't notice that small difference?" I raised a brow. 

"How does Phil put up with you?" Jay snapped leaving the room. "Throw him a fucking apple and lock him in there for the rest of the day. We need to buy another one of these." He paced the kitchen. Liz did as told, making sure the lock was secure and there was no way for me to get out.

"I hope you know Dan. The cost for one of these is coming out of your food supply." Liz sang. 

I soon heard their car left leaving me to be alone in the dark room yet again. 

He is going to hurt me a lot tonight. 

Phil's POV

I was staring at the messages that Dan had sent or rather the guy in charge. I had been for a while and he even started typing just a second ago but nothing came through. We were all watching. 

"What the hell was that about?" Pj asked angrily a moment after the typing bubble went down.

"I don't know maybe it failed." Robert sighed. 

"Do you think... Do you think maybe Dan noticed it and tried to get us closer?" I mumbled. 

"I'm going to have the local officers watch out at the Tesco and the piano shop. A couple others just on the streets between." Nick got on a call. "And us? We're going to Starbucks. Get ready. Pick up something from the hotel breakfast. Let's get going." 

We all rushed to change into clothes we hadn't been sitting in for days and left the room shortly after. Officers were going to their assigned places now it was just us. 

"I have all of them on my radio so if they see anything the first thing they do is call in. They know what everything looks like, the van, Liz and the guy. This is the closest we could be." He fixed his belt as he said all this. 

I felt as if we were walking in slow motion. People were staring as two innocent men and two police officers walked into the breakfast bar to grab something quick then get out. 

Nick went to the receptionist, explaining a couple things while we did what we needed. 

Then we headed out again in slow motion. People stared and got out of our way as we walked to the car. 

Once we were in though everything continued as normal. We quickly ate whatever we got on our plates and made our way down to the coffee shop. 

"I told the counter to watch out for anyone like the two. I also told her to get in contact with the hotel down the road. I have a feeling they might be staying there." Nick drove fast but with no sirens so if they were around they wouldn't hear us. 

Something was finally happening. After days of waiting we finally had more than a text. Yeah we don't know where Dan is but we're getting close. 

As soon as we were at Starbucks, I felt my whole body tighten up. What if Liz is here with whoever the guy is? 

"It's okay. He can't hurt you and we'll get him before he hurts Dan again." Nick comforts me. I nod, trying to just watch around for the two and not worry about anything else. 

We sit here for a while with absolutely no movement. Maybe this was a false call. Maybe they're doing this on purpose just to play with us.

I sunk into a chair just as Nick's radio buzzed. 

"Yes hello?" He speaks into it so urgently. 

"A man that looks like what you've described it on sixth and main street just going into-" He cuts out and then comes back in. "Radio Shack it looks like." 

"Oh my god okay." Robert starts picking up his stuff and Nick takes a deep breath. 

"Is he with anyone?" He asks. 

We wait a little bit for an answer as the radio static is the only thing coming through. Then it clicked, "Yes looks like the girl as well." 

I let my eyes fill up with water and my heart fill up with hope as we immediately head out. We had found them but now.. 

Now we just have to get Dan.