Six

x

-Day Four still-

Dan's POV

"That was really cute!" Jay acted all nice as he ended the stream and put my phone in his pocket. "No one is going to help you though, Danny. No one even know's where you are." He smiles. 

"Phil's coming. I know he is." I snarled at him. He got close to me and smacked me hard against my face leaving it to sting. 

Liz steps away from me and starts getting dressed. "That's the grossest thing I've ever had to do. You owe me big time, Jay." 

I lay in the corner trying to forget everything that just happened. I didn't realize how well I had my vows memorized until now. I thought I would mess up a lot but I did just fine. 

Knowing that Phil at least knows and loves me, I'm ready for anything Jay has to give to me. Even death.

"So where should I start today? Stomach? Face? That wonderful dick of his?" Jay kneeled by me. "I think I'll save that for last." He hit my face as hard as he could which knocked me out. 

Phil's POV

It was eleven in the morning when we walked into the Starbucks to get some energy. We were here where the guy had been contacting us so I was quite nervous.

"Phil!" I heard which caused me to jump. A girl ran up to me with the biggest eyes I've ever seen. "Oh my goodness!" She smiled and hugged me. I tried to hug back but the only hug I wanted was Dan's. 

"Hello." I smiled at her. She suddenly frowned. 

"You know.. I've always dreamt of meeting you guys but not like this. I'm sorry with what's happening with Dan." 

"We'll get him. I promise." I poked her shoulder trying to seem like I wasn't going to cry. I promise. It's true. I do promise to get to Dan wether he's alive or dead. Hopefully the second one isn't an option but I will get to him. 

"I'll leave you to yourself. But could I maybe get a picture quickly?" She asked so kindly that I nodded and called Pj over which made her face go white. 

She got a picture with both of us and left to her table kindly. Nick was watching us closely as Robert ordered the coffees. 

"Do you want anything special?" He turned to me just as I approached the counter. 

"Nah it's okay." I smiled. 

Once we had our drinks, we hopped back in the car. It was off to a hotel and then just waiting I guess. I looked everywhere around us as we drove to look for a van just like the tapes. Or a man with muscles. Or even Liz but I saw nothing. 

"Two rooms please." Nick walked up to the front desk. I felt lifeless. Like I was just watching time go by and couldn't do anything to make it stop or enjoyable. My cheek was warm. My arms were tired. 

"I'm sorry but we've only got one open room. Would that work? I can set you up with free breakfast and access to the pool. Or I could make a reservation for the hotel down the street." The lady frowned. 

"I guess. When is breakfast?" Nick glanced at the guest book as she checked her schedule. 

"From 7am to noon." She smiled at us. 

"Alright cool." He gave her all the information she asked for and then she walked us to our room.

"Number 219. Feel free to call the front desk for any questions and enjoy!" She walked off after handing us the key.

There were two beds but we'll make it work. The two officers set their stuff down as Pj laid on one of the beds almost falling sleep. 

"We've got thirty minutes until breakfast closes. Who's hungry?" Nick gestures to leave the room. Pj groans but stands up quickly. 

We're all tired, hungry and shaken up from the stream this morning. Hopefully since we're here, we get to Dan before anything else happens. 

"Do you think maybe they're staying at a hotel around here?" Robert asks once he joins us at the table. I straighten my back at that thought. "I was just thinking. Like that would be crazy but.. kind of awesome." 

"How is that awesome?" Pj looks up from his phone. 

"We could find them quicker." He shrugs and starts eating. 

I pushed my food around on my plate. How thin Dan was scared me. They weren't feeding him. If I ate now, I would basically be laughing in his face. I couldn't do it. 

"What's wrong? You not hungry?" Nick nudged me. I shook my head and looked down. "Hey. What happened today was terrible. We couldn't stop it. But we'll get him safe okay? Whoever this guy is... we'll arrest him for many many charges and Liz as well." He comforts me. 

"Yeah." I spoke softly and nodded at him. 

We waited around all day for something to happen. Something to come through on my phone. Any sign that we were close but nothing did. 

We hung out in the room, walked to the Starbucks again to pass time. We also picked up some dinner from the local shop. 

My phone was still empty. 

I was worried when the sun had finally set. Maybe it just wasn't going to work. Maybe Dan was doomed for eternity in that place until he starves to death. 

"Nothing?" Pj came to me as the two officers talked. 

I shook my head and turned over to face the other way on the bed. 

Dan's POV

My head stung. My body hurt. I felt like I was being stung with multiple needles. 

"No! Jay you simply went to far!" Liz shouted from the other room. I opened my eyes slowly to see how bright this room was. It wasn't too cold anymore as well. 

"He just passed out! I did nothing wrong." He fought back. "He's probably just weak."

"One tiny hit and he blacked out. He's not moving in there." She groaned. I heard their footsteps so I closed my eyes and pretended to be sleeping again. 

"He fucking deserved it for being this way." Jay argued. "If he doesn't wake up soon, we'll dump him somewhere. Someone would know who he is." 

Liz pushed me around with her heels and stormed off again once I didn't move. "He's probably weak because he doesn't eat!" She shouted more. 

"Then make him a damn sandwich, babe!" He shouted back and hit the wall. It went silent out there but I heard the fridge open just a minute later. 

I opened my eyes again to see no one in here and my door open still. I got up slowly to make sure I'm not that hurt too bad. 

They were both standing in the kitchen with their backs to me. I saw the front door just a bit to my left and made a run for it. 

I wasn't loud and made it out pretty safely. I had no idea where to go but my plan was to just follow the trees. 

I ran to the woods and jogged alongside the leaves making sure to look out for them. The chance of me escaping like this is very low especially because if they did notice, they are faster and can drive the van up to me. 

Everywhere was just trees and grass or dirt. There was nothing. No gas stations, no houses... no Phil. 

As I stood on the top of a hill trying to look for anything that would help me. I heard the van creep up behind me. Once I turned around, I was hit by the front and rolled down the hill. 

At the very bottom just before I stopped the painful rolling, my head hit a rock and I blacked out... again.