Under the Stars

The roads dry, sandy dirt scuffed at my white sneakers, bleaching them a mixture of orange and yellow. I waited patiently on the side of the road and waited for someone kind enough to escort me to a hotel. My eyes were scurrying around the small amount of cars that passed me by without stopping. I raised my hand in attempt to get transportation, but no one would pay me any attention.

When one last car passed me up, I let out a loud but painful grunt. I needed at least some water from all the walking I had done, and hitch hiking wasn't getting me anywhere. I'm screwed right now and I don't think I'll be able to survive in these types of conditions.

I have nothing left. No loving mother and father. No longer have my lover, Carter. All I have is this baby,

This stupid baby.

It's all the baby's fault! I would still be living with my parents right now and my father wouldn't think of me as a whore. I'd probably still be with Carter also. He actually might have realized that something was wrong when this demon started forming in my stomach. Everything would be perfect if this child hadn't messed everything up. It confuses me that's how an unborn baby could cause so much destruction!

As hard as I try, I still couldn't hold back my tears. Everyone I loved and cared for tossed me to the side as if I were nothing more than a crippled up rag doll. It's hard to believe that they ever did love me.

My tears soaked my face as I wrapped my arms around me and began to walk. It was getting late and I had nowhere to stay. I wish I had a bed to sleep on, food to eat, people to love. But life screws us all over.

My feet carried me a couple miles east until I could barely keep my eyes open. I forced myself to stay awake so that I wouldn't fall asleep on hard dirt and cement. I walked a little farther past trees as my thin arms laced around my body, trying so hard to prevent the cold breeze.

My head rose up when I saw lights in the distance. I squinted my eyes and wiped away any fuzzy tears. I stared in disbelief when I spotted out a small cafe that was still open.

I sped walked down the sidewalk, trying so hard to get there before the shop closed. I picked up my pace as I got closer to the door. I saw a couple of people finishing up their drinks and ready to leave the cafe.

I reached out and pushed open the glass doors. The bell chimed at the top of the door which informed that someone had just entered. A man behind the counter was currently slipping on his jacket then suddenly looked in my direction. I stood in the doorway as I gazed back at the man. I could tell he was werewolf from his scent.

"I'm sorry miss, but were closing. Why don't you come back in the morning?" The man said, and I almost broke down but held it in.

"Please... Just one glass of water..." I began, but my voice was hoarse from all the previous crying I done. He gazed down at his wrist watch then looked back at me with an unsure look. I gave him pleading eyes which pointed out how desprate I was.

He sighed then made his way behind the counter and pulled out a glass. He filled it halfway up with water before sliding it my way. I hurriedly grabbed the glass and chugged down the crystal clear liquid. He watched me the entire time I drunk the glass of water. I finished the placed the cup down on the smooth counter top.

I reached my hand in my back pocket to pull out some loose change. I handed him two dollar bills, but he pushed my hand away as if he didn't want it. I slowly slid the money back into my pocket and was clearly confused.

"So you're rouge, huh?" He questioned, then looked me up and down to see if I was any threat.

"I guess you can call me that."

"I don't think my alpha would be too happy about a rouge trespassing on his territory, you know I'm going to have to inform him about this." He looked down at me as if I were capable of causing trouble.

"Listen, I didn't come here to start anything. I just need a place to stay for tonight. I promise I'll be off your Alphas land by tomorrow." I responded back just as serious as he did. I really didn't want to cause anything, I'm just really tired and need a place to crash.

I turned my back and was ready to leave the cafe shop. I was soon stopped by his voice, "at least tell me your name." I stopped while my arm was propped up on the slightly open door. I took a deep breath before completely exiting the shop without a word. I didn't want my name to be mentioned to all his pack when he goes home and snitches to all his little friends about his encounter with a "Rouge".

I took back my normal route and began to walk northern east. I walked through dangling tree limbs and falling leaves until I came upon a vast forest. I dragged my body tiredly through the land until I spotted a canopy made from ropes and silky fabrics.

I climed onto the bed like material and draped my sweatshirt across my body. The trees intersected leaves which gave it a nice shade, but was still open enough for me to see the night sky.

I stared up in the dark purplish sky and a tear slipped from my eye. I guess this is my new life now.

I counted the plenty of stars that floated throughout the night sky. This soothed my body and helped me to be comfortable. I soon fell into a deep slumber under the stars.

*****

A.N- whatcha think?!

COMMENT

VOTE

FAN