The Restaurant (Ame's P.O.V)

I leaned against the front of Masaomi’s car in the cool summer night. Despite the chilly evening I couldn’t help but feel warm next to him. There was a slight breeze as I stole glances of him as his hair elegantly moved with the wind. He looked so handsome but I have to control these feelings before they got out of control. I always thought that when I finally got adopted that I would love my new found family but I didn’t mean this way!

                I sat in the front seat with Masaomi while Subaru and Ema sat in the back seat with Wateru and Aem. Speaking of Aem, I kept noticing how friendly she was being to Wateru. Maybe a little too friendly? I know they are just kids but I think she is old enough to know if she has feelings for Wateru and I think I might just have to have a little talk with her about the birds and the bees. Never the less, I really like how she finally has a new companion to play with. When we were in our old foster home, it was only Me-Anne, Mae, Aem and I so she ever really had someone to talk to that was her own age… or at least close to her age. I have to my understanding that Wateru just turned 13 last January.

                As we arrive to the restaurant Masaomi ran around the car to open the door for me. I took a step and looked around at what surrounded me. There were perfect shaded pink cherry blossom tress and a bunch of golden sparkly light hanging from them. Masaomi took my hand as him and I ran around the elegantly decorated park next to the actual restaurant, mainly because we were chasing after Aem and Wateru as they screamed in perfect unison “WE WANT TO PLAY!” I tackled Aem as did Masaomi with Wateru and started ticking them still they finally agreed to wait for the rest of the family without running around and making the scenery into a chaos.

                We told the waiter we had reservations under the name of ‘Asahina’ and he escorted us to, what I believe, was the biggest table in the small building. I guess everyone, in a way, paired up; Wateru sat by Aem, Subaru and Ema sat together and then there was Masaomi and I.  Shortly after we sat down came the other bunch that was driving with Ukyo. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves quite a bit. I mentally counted everyone and I noticed that two of my new brothers were missing from the table.

“Natasume will be running later today nee-chan. Fuuto was being a bit stubborn.” I felt chills go up and down my spine and Masaomi whispered in my ear giving me goose bumps. Then as if on cue, a man with short orange hair approached us with another, younger looking, man at his side wearing his light brown hair pinned back to the left side of his head. Masaomi once again took hold of my hand as whispered that the two dashing men were Natasume and Fuuto Asahina. Natasume was a worldwide known game designer and Fuuto was a very popular pop star.  

Everyone was finally here. I knew I still had to get used to all of this but it’s really nice to have a real family for once. I was looking around at everyone’s smile. I noticed Me-Anne was sitting with Tsubaki and Azusa but she looked really nervous… that’s kind of weird for her. Then I glance over at Mae. I worried so much about her but I think she’s doing just fine all expect that she had another glass of alcohol in her hand. Mae was sitting in between Yusuke and Fuuto while gladly making small talk with Louis.

Our food came and everyone started eating. Mae still hadn’t even touched her food but was already half done with the vodka bottle she had ordered all for herself. Fuuto said something to her but I couldn’t manage to hear what he said all I know is that Mae had a terrible reaction to it and started cursing at full volume and drinking more of her beverage. “Enough is enough Mae!” I couldn’t help to keep watching her drown herself like this. I had to stop it.