Chapter 20 : Don't give up eh

Start from the beginning

"We need to escape before they come checking on us ", he commanded.

"But look at you, you are a wreck right now ", I tried stating things which were obvious " You need to rest. I can walk if I put some efforts but you", I pointed at him "You can't even walk so lay there and let me find some help " 

"Don't be a boss when I am around. I'm the boss remember ", his voice broke in between due to his agony no matter how much he showed that he was doing fine.  He tried standing up but couldn't even resist himself in affording the sitting position. He truly was a wreck right now.

"Go, find help Miss Waters. Go alone. Go home. Stay safe . " he made sure his sentences were clear enough "Send my men addressing them the location then ", he caught his arms tightly to stop the blood from flowing very hard.

"Okay ", I stepped back just like he commanded. I made my way towards the highway in rumination about Mr. Reynolds. I could see vehicles around after safely crossing the forest. Something within me was not satisfied with my act, it felt like every bone my body comprised of was objecting against this decision of mine. 

"Hey, lift ", I flung my arms in the air to make the driver of the passerby car stop. He showed no humanity as he kept driving without giving a second thought for helping an injured lady. 

I walked for a while missing Mr. Reynolds's company. I remembered how much my voice and words annoyed him but his annoyance never stopped me from talking anyway . I enjoyed irritating him, to be honest. "What the fuck am I doing ?" I questioned myself whilst walking . I cant run away from this situation alone.

We were into this thing together, what kind of a human am I. I left the person back who troubled himself to save me from all this. My guile was making me feel vulnerable emotionally. I took a turn towards the way which led me to him again. 

I marched as fast as I could, regretting my previous decision, and on the thought of how selfish I got lately.  I, within moments, reached the very place and to my satisfaction, Mr. Reynolds didn't move away. He laid there, his eyes half-closed. I ran fast towards him in aghast.

"Do not close your eyes ", I shouted.

His eyes met mine " I t-told you to g-go ", he stammered. His face looked more tormented than before. "So stubborn!", he exclaimed. 

"Learnt from the best", I taunted so that I could keep up with the fight preventing him from sleeping as it was dangerous for him in this condition.

"I'll be fine after I take a nap, come lay with me j-just like that night when we counted stars", he demanded sleep, I could sense it from his eyes which watered.

"Dare you to sleep , you're not allowed to. I like it when you're a pain in my ass . Stand up now and annoy me , violate me , insult me and if that doesn't covers your hate than even hit me. You-get-it-clear. You're not allowed to even wink without my consent ", I said in one full breadth without pausing.

"You just got lucky, you know that right. If my body would've been responsive then you know well what the circumstance would've been now ", my plan was working. I instigated him on purpose so that he'd fight me back.

"Come let's go, lean on me", I tried giving a helping hand to which he caught grip instinctively.

He held me through the waist and uplifted himself showing great courage. His current situation weakened me a bit, a tear rolled through my eyes realizing the pain he had been feeling lately. I turned my head around and wiped the tears dry so that he couldn't notice . "does your head hurts too much?", he did see my tears but just didn't realize what were they for;