19 // Never Should Be

2003 Tree Hill, North Carolina

"Okay, this is the fourth time you've been in this apartment since you got your own apartment. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of having your own place?" Aurora James asked as she stood in her sister's doorway and saw Nathan lying on Haley's bed.

"That's what I've been telling him," Haley said as she laughed. Nathan rolled his eyes at both sisters.

"Tim keeps bringing over all these hot chicks. Which is a problem because none of them are Haley." Nathan said, and Aurora rolled her eyes.

"Nate, it's your apartment. Tell him to stop." Aurora said.

"I know, but that place is like party central, and it's not even my own party," Nathan said.

"Well, maybe it should be," Haley said, and then her face brightened up, and Aurora knew she had an idea. "Oh! We should throw our own party. Like a take back the party, party." Haley said.

"Not the worst idea I've heard you come up with." Aurora teased, and Haley rolled her eyes.

"Alright, let's do it. How about this Saturday?" Nathan asked, and the twins nodded.

"Sounds good. I'm free." Haley said, and Aurora laughed.

"You both know I'm not doing anything." She said as she shrugged her shoulders.

"Done, and you two can plan it. Just make sure it's kind of lowkey. Just a few friends, you know?" Nathan said. The sisters nodded their heads.

"Okay, sounds fun," Aurora said, and Haley looked at her.

"Would you be mad if I invited Peyton and Lucas? You know they aren't coming together...-" Aurora cut her off.

"...-I can't believe you're still friends with her. Does sister loyalty mean nothing?" Aurora asked. She was slightly teasing, but she was also serious.

"Fine, I won't invite her. Maybe Brooke instead?" Haley asked.

"I don't care. Invite Lucas. I don't care... but inviting them both is like a slap in the face. I'll see you guys at school." Aurora said as she turned and walked out of the doorway, but she did hear Nathan tell Haley.

"She's right, though. Sisters before anyone."

⇎⇎⇎⇎⇎⇎

Later that day, when cheer practice was over, Aurora noticed Lucas was still standing in the gym and trying to shoot. She took a deep breath and began to approach him, but Peyton beat her to it before she could, and she rolled her eyes. Of course, Peyton would beat her to it.

"Well, the good news is, I'm back. The bad news is, I suck." Lucas said while he was trying to stretch out his shoulder.

"You okay?" Peyton asked.

"Yeah, it's just a little tight," Lucas said. Peyton stepped beside him and started to help him stretch his shoulder, and Aurora rolled her eyes again.

"Here. You're just rusty. Pretty soon, you'll really suck. Just like before... better?" Peyton asked as she let go of his arm.

"You know, I'd tell you two to get a room, but I guess you already did that," Aurora said. She waited until Peyton and Lucas looked at her before she walked past them and left the gym. Peyton sighed, and she gave Lucas a look before chasing after her.

"Aurora! Ari! Come on; we've gotta stop doing this." Peyton said. Aurora stopped walking and turned around to face the blonde.

"Fine, I'll stop talking to you, and you could stop talking to me. Oh, and while you're at it, stop talking to my sister too. If your sister got cheated on, would you befriend the girl her boyfriend cheated with?" Aurora snapped, and Peyton rolled her eyes.