18 // Boy Toys

2003 Tree Hill, North Carolina

It was time for the annual Boy Toy Auction that the basketball team held. You bid on the basketball boys, all the money goes to charity, and until midnight, the boys have to abide by the rules of the person who "bought" them. Aurora and Haley talked about it last night because Aurora told her about it since this would be Haley's first time participating in the auction. Haley told her she had the plan to "buy" Lucas because they hadn't been spending that much time together.

To which Aurora said that works out for her because at first, she was going to talk to Haley and ask her if it was okay for her to buy Nathan because she also felt like they hadn't spent one-on-one time together in forever, but she didn't want to impose if Haley's original plan was that she would buy her boyfriend, so Aurora was happy that it worked out for everyone.

The girls were currently at the school waiting for the auction to begin, and Peyton approached them. "Hey." Peyton greeted them. Aurora looked at her to acknowledge her presence, but she didn't say anything to her.

"See anything you like?" Haley asked her.

"I'm seeing everything I like," Peyton said, and Aurora rolled her eyes.

"Well, if you had your sights set on Lucas, hate to break it to you, but he's Haley's for tonight," Aurora said without looking at her, but Peyton did look over at Aurora.

"Well, thanks for the tip, but I was going to be bidding on Jake anyway," Peyton said, and Aurora shrugged her shoulders while Haley looked over at her.

"You guys are really hitting it off, huh?" Haley asked, and Peyton shrugged her shoulders.

"Just friends, really. What about you two? If Haley is buying Lucas, then Aurora, I assume you're buying Nathan. Ready to fight off these rabid shanks for them?" Peyton asked, and Aurora rolled her eyes as she turned to Peyton.

"If I didn't fight the people who directly betrayed me, what makes you think I'm going to fight over an auction? Where the donations go to charity. I won't be the one to ruin this night for the team." Aurora snapped at her.

"Right, sorry," Peyton said, and Haley awkwardly cleared her throat.

"But you're right. I'm bidding on Lucas, and Ari is bidding on Nathan. We haven't gotten to spend a lot of one-on-one time with our best friends lately. Plus, I get Nathan for free." Haley said, which made Aurora laugh. "And I'd rather him be with Aurora than anyone else in this room because they know each other, and I know them." She said.

"Alright, folks, here we go!" Whitey announced, and Aurora smirked.

Let the bidding begin.

⇎⇎⇎⇎⇎⇎

"Who's up next?" Haley asked as they turned to their programs. A few guys from the team had already gone and been bought, and then Aurora laughed as she saw the name after the guy who had just gone. "Oh, no," Haley said when she saw it too.

"Tim." Peyton, Haley, and Aurora said together. As if cued by their words, Tim walked out on stage, took off his jacket, and started twirling it around his head. Then he turned around and started shaking his butt, and Aurora put her head on Haley's shoulder.

"Oh, my innocence!" Aurora exclaimed, which made Haley and Peyton laugh.

"Do I hear $30?" Whitey called from the stage as Tim continued to dance horribly, and Aurora felt bad that everyone was laughing at him, but... she didn't know if Tim was doing this to be funny or if he was seriously dancing like this on purpose. "How about $20?"