08 // Search For Something

2003 Tree Hill, North Carolina

"That's going to leave a mark."

Brooke, Peyton, and Aurora were lying in bed in Peyton's room. Peyton and Aurora were watching a movie. The girls talked last night, Peyton called Aurora, and Aurora figured that she shouldn't ignore her, so they talked. Aurora told her that she figured Lucas would pick Peyton in the grand scheme of things because he's had a crush on her since 8th grade. She told her no hard feelings, they were just becoming friends again, and she didn't want a boy to ruin that.

When one of the actresses in the movie screamed, that jolted Brooke awake, and she took in her surroundings to see she was in Peyton's room, then she turned to the girls. "So, what am I doing here?" Brooke asked.

"Brooke, that's two weekends in a row where you don't remember what happened the night before," Peyton said, and Brooke sighed.

"Oh, please tell me I didn't make a fool of myself with Lucas," Brooke said.

"Nope, that would be me," Peyton said.

"Wait... I thought Lucas and Aurora were totally hot for each other." Brooke said.

"Well, you thought wrong," Aurora mumbled while keeping her eyes on the TV.

"So then what happened?" Brooke asked as she turned to Peyton.

"Halfway through ripping each other's clothes off, I panicked and bailed," Peyton said. Brooke looked at her with wide eyes.

"Because?" Brooke asked.

"I don't know. He got all serious about intense commitment, and I just panicked." Peyton said while shaking her head.

"Well, I don't want to live in a world where three fine and willing girls like ourselves can have such a lame Friday night. I have to change my karma. Maybe the two of you should make some changes too." Brooke said to them.

"We didn't wake up with a foggy memory," Aurora said.

"Neither of you woke up with Lucas either," Brooke said as she shrugged her shoulders. Aurora and Peyton rolled their eyes, and Aurora grabbed a pillow and hit Brooke with it, even though she was still smiling.

"Bitch."

⇎⇎⇎⇎⇎⇎

"So, explain how this fixes your karma?" Peyton asked as the girls stood inside Brooke's favorite lingerie store. Brooke was in the dressing room, trying different things on, while Aurora and Peyton were outside the dressing room, and then Brooke walked out.

"It doesn't, but it's a total pick me up, don't you think?" Brooke said as she pushed her breasts up to get her point across. Peyton rolled her eyes as Brooke held out two tops. "Now, try these on." She said to them. She held out a black top corset to Aurora and a leopard print one for Peyton. The girls took the corsets from her and went into the same changing room.

"Only because you asked so nicely," Aurora said as she started taking her shirt off. She's been friends with Peyton and Brooke for years, and they all have the same body parts. She didn't care about changing in front of them.

"Now the karma thing comes next. I figured out a master plan. If I can fix the damage I've done to certain people's love lives, maybe the universe will kick in and fix mine." Brooke said.

"It's a pretty long list," Peyton said. She had her top on, fastening the back of Aurora's corset. Brooke was outside of the dressing room waiting for them.

"Yeah, Nathan and Haley are at the top of it. I screwed them over royally last night. Double karma points if I can undo that one." Brooke said as Peyton and Aurora stopped out of the dressing room. "Fabulous! You know, Peyton, not everyone can pull off skeezy in the jungle vibe. Now, I can fix the both of you up too." Brooke said, and Aurora shook her head.