Chapter One

Sapphire POV

I sat down in my seat at school and waited for my teacher to come in.

There were kids everywhere, some of them were setting papers on fire while others were shooting water out of their hands and drenching people.

I put my red hoodie up and turned invisible, not wanting anyone to notice me because that would be horrible, for them of course, not me.

This was a normal day at The DEU or The Dragon Education University. Kids using magic and pranking each other while others just set things on fire.

Ahh, life.

But I hated it. I couldn't really do most of the kind of normal magic. I could do some extra stuff but no one except for my little sister and my parents knew about it.

If other people knew about my magic then I could be sent out to live in the human lands. That was something that no one of my species wanted to do. We could be experimented on or burnt at the stake for witch craft.

If you hadn't already guessed it, yes, we are not exactly what you would call humans.

We are something called dragons. Fierce, scary, fire breathing dragons that tear down villages and gobble up humans with no sense of humanity.

A frozen spit ball hit my head and I looked around at all the kids messing around before going back to my thoughts.

I sighed, fierce? No. Fire breathing? Sometimes. No sense of humanity? Eh, sometimes.

A few more frozen spit balls hit my head and I lost it. I pulled down my hood and glared at the person spitting them at me.

"Stop it or else I'll rip your head off and stuff it down your throat." I yelled angrily, glaring at the person who I now recognized as James, a trouble maker in my class who I never really actually liked.

He cowered beneath my glare and all the kids went silent. No one liked to mess with me for the main fact that my dragon form was a bit larger than others.

Sometimes I hated it while, other times like this, it was quite useful.

"S-sorry I di-didn't know that I-it was you." The kid mumbled quietly as he bent his head down to show his neck in a sign of submission.

"Oh so you would do it to another person who wasn't me?" I questioned in anger and James nodded softly. I rolled my eyes and sat down. The room was silent.

"Everyone clean up this mess, then go back to your seats and shut up!" I growled and I heard the sound of everyone shuffling around as I put my hoodie back on and leaned back a bit in my chair. About a minute after all the kids had finished cleaning and gotten back to their seats the door opened and our teacher walked in.

"Alright everyone settle down se-" she stopped mid sentence and stared at the class like as if we had turned into humans.

"...Um... well...ok then... get out your textbook and turn to..." she looked down at a paper in her arms, "chapter fifty two and page three thousand, three hundred ninety four, then start reading." She called out to us and sat down at her desk.

She placed all of her papers on her desk and the looked up to see no one doing anything.

"What are you waiting for? Start reading." She said to us and started to read her paper. The kids quickly scrambled to get out their textbooks and began to read.

I looked up and stared at the teacher.
She had long black hair and calm red eyes that were focused on the book she was reading. I looked at the cover of it and read it inside my head.

The Legend of Werewolves
By Lily Knot

I silently laughed at the name of the book. Werewolves were stupid so why bother even reading about them.

"Miss Stardust, why aren't you reading?" The teacher asked without looking up at her book.

"I was reading, Miss Petal." I answered back politely.

"What is the chapter about then?" Miss Petal said, finally looking up from her book.

"I don't know." I answered with a shrug. "I didn't read the chapter." She raised an eyebrow.

"You just said that you were reading the book." Miss Petal questioned.

"I was reading miss, I was reading the cover on your book." I answered with a shrug. Miss Petal sighed, rubbing her forehead.

"Can you please read the chapter instead?" She asked, seemingly annoyed.

"Alright." I replied as I opened the book to the right page and began to read. Surprisingly it was actually interesting for once.

Dating back all the way to around the fourteen hundreds, humans have forgotten about our existence. We only exist in their imaginations and minds. Magic is fabled there too, they say it is not real and silly to think about. Us, as a swarm, must keep it that way and not let the humans know that we are real. If they do find out then they will hunt us down and kill us.

The chapter went on and on about how humans can't learn about us or else we will all die. I was about to raise my hand to ask a question about it when suddenly a alarm went off and everyone started screaming.

Thank y'all for reading and I hope all of you have a great day! (Or night if your reading it at night)

Why do you think the alarm went off?

What do you think is going to happen next?

Please vote, comment, and follow for more ;).