Chapter 19

*Daniel's p.o.v*

i groanded and openind my eyes looking around. its the second day since the attack and Nik is still asleep. i tightened my arms around him, bringing him closer. i sighed sadly, wishing to hear his beautiful childlike laugh, to see his stunning eyes....i gently traced around my mark around his mark, wishing for him to wake.

i heard the sound of hurried feet making their way toward this room. i tensed and glared at the door, waiting to protect Nik. Andrea bursted through the door, panting. Eva, Kimon and Cilix followed after her. i let out a breath of relief sending them a very small smile.

i instructed them to wait at least a day before travling back to Nikodem just incase.

"hello"

"what happened?! is he okay?? who attacked you?! can i kill them?? and why do you look so pale? is he dying?!" i gaped at her as she rushed all that out in one breath.

"WELL?!"

"u-uh well um we were attacked, yes he will be, Rageans atttacked us while we were out in the forest, no we killed them-or rather he did most of it, i dont know why i am so pale..., and no he is not dying." i said, struggling to to answer. what a great thing to wake up to. she nodded satisfied with my answer and paced back and forth infront of the bed.

"how are you feeling Brother? you do rather pale for an Elf..." Eva asked, sitting in a chair next to the bed. i sighed and shook my head.

"physically or emotionally?"

"both"

"physically great. i have never felt this good in my own body ever....."

"emotionally?"

"emotionally....i feel so guilty and horrible. i loath myself. i should've been more aware. i should've been stronger. i should've protected HIM. i put his life in grave danger. not only do need him, but the whole world does. im so selfish! im disgusted with myself for letting this happen..." i trailed off, refusing to let my tears fall. the room fell deadly silent and i buried my face into Nik's hair, hugging him tightly.

"the worse part of it is, is not knowing when ill see those eyes of his, not knowing when ill see that smile that makes everything wrong in the world seem okay, not knowing when i can hear his beautiful voice again. Not knowing when he is going to wake up. its killing me....."

*Nikolajis's*

it felt as if my body was udnder tons of water. i couldnt move, speak, open my eys. i could barley hear anything. i dont even know what time it is or how many days have passed if any. but one thing i could do was feel. i KNOW im in Daniel's arms. i can still feel those tingles of electricty. besides that i was numb. i dont know how long it was until i started to hear the voices around me.

"....are you feeling Brother?" who was that? was that Eva? does that mean my sister is here? i felt Daniel sigh under me.

"phyiscally or emotionally?"

"both"

"physically great. i have never felt this good in my own body ever....."

"emotionally....i feel so guilty and horrible. i loath myself. i should've been more aware. i should've been stronger. i should've protected HIM. i put his life in grave danger. not only do I need him, but the whole world does. im so selfish! im disgusted with myself for letting this happen..." he trailed off. he buried his face into my hair, hugging me tightly.no no no! you should'nt be feeling this way! its not your fault. i fought to get the surface. i needed to tell him this.