Chapter 1 - EDITED

A/N SO, THIS IS MY FIRST STORY SO THIS MIGHT BE ROUGH. PLEASE LEAVE ME COMMENT AND TELL HOW IM DOING??

*Nikolajis's p.o.v*

*BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP* I groaned and stumbled to turn off my alarm clock. I held my breath as my ear twitched. She was coming. I quickly tucked my tail under my shirt against my back, scrambling to reach my closet. But I was too late, I was yanked backwards by my shirt and thrown onto my side on the floor, causing me to grunt in pain.

"Trying to run, are we?" She mocked, circling me. I stared up at her, watching her in fear. She frowned angrily, kicking me harshly in my ribs. " Answer me!" "N-No" She snickered and pulled me up by one of my ears, causing me to hiss in pain and grit my teeth. She smiled evilly and twisted my ear. I yelped and grabbed her hand, trying to pull it away.

"Don't think you can fight back! You may be a freak, but you are still weak. Useless." She sneered bringing her over make-upped face closer to mine. "Nobody would want you. I'm all you got." She spat in my face, shoving me to the floor. "you better not be late to school." she said kicking my one last time before leaving my room. I slowly sat up, holding my aching side. I winced and stood, gathering my things to take a shower. I hated water. it made my tail all soaked and puffy.

I walked to my door, looking up and down the hallway before sprinting into the bathroom, closing and locking the door behind me. I turned the light on, meeting my reflection. I hated it. My cat ears were orange and black, the tips white, and my tail being the same way. My hair was straight and pitch black, my eyes a bright florescent orange, another thing proving wasn't human. My pale arms were covered in dark blue and purple bruises.

I sighed and turned to the shower, turning on the cold water. If I had to get wet, it was a going to be cold water. I stripped and slowly got in the water, letting it cascade down my body. Knowing I couldn't stay in here long, I quickly cleaned my human body parts moving onto cleaning my tail and ears with shampoo. I finished and turned the water off, wrapping a towel tightly around my waist.

I got my toothbrush and put toothpaste on it, brushing my teeth thoroughly. I extended my fangs cleaning those too. Sighing, I sprinted back to my room, locking the door. After I pulled on my clothes, I tucked my tail in my shirt and found a matching beanie to hide my ears. I don't know what I am, I just know I'm sure as hell not human. I searched around for my bracelets to cover up the scars littering my wrist. I looked down at them in shame, somehow knowing somewhere far from here, people would be disappointed in me for my actions. Crazy right? I shook my head, pulling on the remaining bracelets.

Ms. Winston told me that I was dropped at her door step with a package of money, saying I needed to stay here. She said that my parents were so ashamed of having a child like me, they killed themselves after leaving me at her doorstep. That's all she said. I don't really blame my parents. Who would want a freak like me anyways?

With that lovely thought, I pulled on my shoes and laced them up. Ugh I hated these damn things. They threw off my balance being so clunky and heavy. I grabbed my phone and iPod, and silently walked downstairs looking around. I gulped nervously and sprinted to the door trying to pull on my backpack quickly. Before I could even get the strap on, I was shoved into the wall.

"Trying to leave without saying goodbye?" she slurred into my hair. Aw shit, she's drunk. So early in the goddamn morning! "huh??" She questioned, slamming me into the wall again. Yes, I was trying to avoid your crazy ass.

"N-No I wasn't. Just trying not to be late." I said quietly. " you know," She began, moving her hand under my shirt "You're not that bad looking, for a freak" She finished, moving lower to my pants. "I cant be late" I said , trying to push her away. She growled and punched me in my stomach, shoving away from me. I gasped in pain, doubling over and clutching my stomach.

" Get out of my face" She sneered, yanking at my hair. I stood and ran over to the door. My ear twitched and I ducked to the side as a beer bottle shattered over my head. I opened the door and ran out, running towards school. I kept running till i was on school grounds. Readjusting my beanie, I limped into school with my head low. No even 30 seconds into the school, I was being yelled at.

" Hey! look, its the fag!" Someone yelled in the hallway. I groaned in annoyance and picked up my pace. "Fag! Fag! Hey!"  He hissed in anger and turned around to face him. "That's not my damn name!" I yelled, restraining from baring my fangs at him. He smirked and slowly walked in front of me.

" You are what I say you are" He said before punching me in the face. I fell to the ground holding my eye in pain, while he laughed and continually kicked me in my stomach and back. I balled myself together in a tight ball and tried my best not to cry. He laughed again and walked away, spitting on me.

"Until next time, fag" He called over his shoulder.

By now the hallways were beginning to clear as I struggled to stand.

"I should be stronger than this." I hissed to myself. I felt as if I should be able to protect myself as well as others. I sighed in forlorn and stood, limping to my locker. I took all the books I needed out, trying to be quick. I froze when I felt all the hair stand up on my tail and my ears flatten against my head. I slowly lowered my arms and stood still. Someone was watching me. I silently sniffed the air, only smelling humans. I looked around and shrugged, brushing it off. I shut my locker and ran/limped to class right before the bell rung.

" Right on time, Nikolajis" My teacher said, nodding at me. "Glad to make it" I said lamely. He chuckled and nodded, looking down at his work. I turned and made my way to my window seat. "Looks like the fag made it out alive. Guess I need to try harder next time." Erik said. I hissed under my breath and sat in my chair.

There it is. That feeling. I shifted in my seat, eyeing everyone in the room. No one was even giving me  a glance. In all honesty, I was freaking out. I could feel my tail twitching against my back nervously. Something is definitely wrong. I looked outside, searching every inch I could see. Nothing. I sighed and slumped in my chair.

What the hell is going on??