19

Alex's POV

I speed walk down the hall and into Conrad's office. He's been my lawyer since I became an adult. He is like a brother to me actually.

"What the hell is this?!" I shout as I slam an envelope down on his desk.

"Ummm... calm down and let me see." He says as he opens the envelope. He glances over the papers and his eyes widen.

He gulps before speaking. "Well, it seems like Justin is suing for joint custody of the twins."

"Fix it! These aren't his kids!"

"We will settle it okay."

"And did you even look at the prenup between Nara and Sage?" I demand.

"Yes." He sighs. "Alex I do know how to do my job."

"Could have fooled me." I shrug.

"I looked at the prenup, okay?"

"And?"

"The agreement states that Nara will get a settlement of 30,000 if Sage divorces her for any reason. It also says that Nara will not divorce Sage for any reason."

"How do get out of it?"

"Get Sage to divorce Nara." He suggests.

"As if it's that easy."

"It might be." He smirks.

"Talk."

"Sage's parents have basically washed their hands of her. She is going broke because of it."

"So pay her and she'll divorce Nara."

"Exactly." Conrad nods. I smile and reach around his desk to hug him before leaving. All I have to do is get Sage to divorce Nara.

****

I knock on the door of a somewhat fancy apartment. For someone with money problems, Sage sure does live in a nice house.

"Alex?" She raises an eyebrow. "What do you want?" She seemed very annoyed and by the looks of it I must be interrupting something. Her hair is a mess and she only has a long shirt and boy shorts.

"May I come in?" I ask.

"Sure." She smirks.

I walk in and sit down on her couch. "What do you want?" She demands.

"I need you to divorce Nara."

"And why would I do that?"

"Because you need money and I have plenty to spare."

"I don't want a divorce, Alex. Nara is my wife and the love will always be there no matter what we go through."

"Are you sure about that?" I ask her.

"Of course. Nara is asleep in my bed right now. I would be too if you didn't show up." She smirks.

"Nara is not here." I say angrily.

"Oh really?" Sage questions me. "Follow me then."

I get up and follow Sage down the hallway. She cracks the door and I peek my head inside. Sure enough a sleeping Nara lied in Sage's bed.

"Still want me to divorce her?"

"Go to hell Sage." I demand as I storm out of the apartment. I can't believe Nara. She told me she hated Sage. We had plans to build a family together and she is sleeping with Sage. She broke our contract. How could she?