Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

"I'd rather be one than date that piece of shit," I hiss through clenched teeth.

The fright drained from her face and was replaced by a frown.

"Don't tell me you two hate each other that bad," she utters in disbelief.

"Wasn't it obvious the first time?"

"Why do you always go around hating the cute guys?"

I fell silent and counted to ten trying to hold back from hitting something.

"He's cute and sexy. I can't believe you hate him," she exclaims flabbergasted.

"I'm surprised you don't," I began to argue and I was trying not to take my anger out on her, "he's a real piece of shit if you get to know him."

"How well do you know him?" Phoebe pesters not giving in.

"Well enough. Does it matter?"

"Most persons are different from how they may seem at first, you just have to get to know them first," she says a bit cooly this time and also grinning, "look at you for example."

I narrowed my eyes at her and pulled my lip into a thin line while she retained her broad smile nevertheless.

"What about me?" I ask brusquely.

"You're a problematic soul trapped in a small human body."

I rolled my eyes at her remark.

"Don't compare me to that asshole," I grumble.

I'd have enough small talk for one day. I pulled the cellphone from my pocket and began punching away at the keyboard searching for something to occupy my time.

"Before you enter into your own little bubble Secret," Phoebe adds and I looked over at her, "someone left you a gift."

I followed her gaze to where a single Carnation laid on the table and got up and moved towards it. I took up the flower and held it frowning before taking a sniff.

"Who is this from?" I question turning to face her.

She smiled and pulled her lips into a thin line refusing to answer. I rolled my eyes at her childish behaviour and stared back at the flower.

The rest of the day was quite uneventful. Phoebe and I left the floral shop and I made it home before sunset with a bag of McDonald's I had picked up on the way home. Brett and Adam were in the exact spot I had left them some hours ago. They were too busy playing GTA, to realize I was home even though I had slammed the door and had been stomping around the house for the past ten minutes.

I took a shower for the party that lasted longer than I had planned. I ended up spending a long time shaving my legs before I left the bathroom rapped in a towel. The bags under my eyes from lack of sleep was still there but it wasn't anything makeup couldn't take care of. I frowned at my ombre hair in the mirror before doing a hasty blow out and brushed the honey gold and brown ombre tresses into a ponytail.

Oswald arrived at the house before I was even finished fixing my hair. He remained downstairs in the living room with Adam and Brett while I finished getting dressed. I added a second coat of mascara to my lashes and lip gloss to my lips before pulling on the outfit I had picked out.

I checked my outfit in the mirror when I was through getting dressed. I was proud of the look I had managed to achieve because it was what I was going for. Sexy, playful and fierce. Most of my body was hidden underneath my favorite oversized sweater shirt that I paired with shorts and finished off the look with thigh high socks and ankle boots.