#21 Peter/Stiles

{PETER'S POV}

I watched on in amusement as Stiles hung onto every word Derek said like his life depended on it.  It was pretty obvious that Stiles was head over heels for my nephew, but of course Derek's too blind with his love of Isaac to notice.  It's a big love chain if you ask me, seeing as how Isaac seems all smitten with Allison.

"And why is it that I can't go again" Stiles grumbled as I was drawn back into the conversation.

"Because a no is a no Stiles, I can't have you getting in the way all the time" Derek growled, clearly annoyed with Stiles whining.  I had to admit that I found it a bit adorable, but that's just my opinion.

"Oh I hardly get in the way" Stiles countered.

"Oh really, and which one of us is the human.  Which one of us was weak enough to get kidnapped by gerard a few months ago?" Derek groaned "hm?  Answer me that Stiles."  I watched Stiles face fall at Derek's words and I felt a bit bad for the kid.  I mean, at least he tries, Derek should be so hard on him.  When Stiles didn't respond, Derek continued his point.

"My point exactly Stiles" he sighed "you're staying back."  With that Derek turned around, leaving, and slamming the door behind him.  Stiles whole stance just seemed to crumple at the slam of the door.  His shoulders sank and he slouched his back in disappointment.

"I'd really give it up if I were you" I stated bluntly as I turned to head into the living room.

"Give what up" Stiles quizzed in an obviously disappointed tone.  I pursed my lips at his small figure following me.

"This petty little crush you have on Derek, you do realize that it's never going to work right?" I sighed and Stiles quirked an angry eyebrow.

"Okay, one  I don't have a 'crush' on Derek" Stiles snapped "and two, you are such a dick."

"I try" I shrugged "look, I'll I'm saying as that all this little crush that you claim not to have, is just going to get you hurt in the end."

"And why the hell do you care if I get hurt anyway" he groaned and I pursed my lips in thought.

"Because you deserve better than my pig headed nephew" I shrugged "I....."  I trailed off, deciding not to give away my best kept secret.  I've already accepted that I might kind of be into Stiles, but it's not like I'm going to be telling him that.  I mean think about it, it's not like anyone sane could love me.  I just a big dick, as he put it, that doesn't care about anyone but himself and buries his feelings with sarcasm.

"You.... what?" he quizzed with an annoyed tone.  I shook my head with a big sigh.

"It... it doesn't even matter" I sighed as I stood up from the couch that I had just happened to sit in within the past few minutes.  I began heading to the stairs when Stiles spoke up once again.

"You see, this is why I hate you.  You make it hard not to" Stiles stated and I froze my assent up the stairs as those few words kept ringing in my head.  You see, this is why I hate you.  See, this is why I hate you.  This is why I hate you.  Is why I hate you.  Why I hate you.  I hate you.  I hate you.  I hate you.

"Well maybe it's because you should" I breathed with a shaky bottom jaw as I barely held back the hurt "I mean, after all I am the worlds biggest dick now aren't I?"  I shook my head releasing a pent up breath, and I made my escape to my room.

{STILES' POV}

"You see, this is why I hate you.  You make it hard not to" I stated in anger.  I turned around just in time to see Peter freeze on the stair and quirk an eyebrow.  He seemed to be shaking slightly, but I just brushed it off as anger or something.