#6 Sterek (Derek/Stiles)

{STILES' POV}

I stumbled around in the forest just kicking stones.  I honestly don't know where I'm going.  Scott and Isaac were hanging out again for the thousandth time this week.  Lydia and Allison were having a girls night in.  So basically I was the odd man out with no plans on a Friday night.  I took a swig of the vodka I had stolen from my dad's alcohol cabinet and I was beginning to feel it's effects, but that was the goal right.

I sighed out of frustration at my lack of a social life recently.  I wanted to blame Isaac, say it's his fault for taking Scott away from me, but I just couldn't do it.  It's almost impossible to hate a guy like Isaac, he has that sweet face of innocence.  After stumbling around the woods for about another twenty minutes I found myself on Derek's doorstep.  Why I had come here, I have no idea.

I sat my self down on the ground, not in the mood to knock.  It's not like he didn't know I was here, with his super human hearing he knew I was here before I did.  I took another swig of the vodka before the front door opened up and Derek was peering down at me with his piercing green eyes.

"What are you doing here Stiles?" he sighed in an almost annoyed tone.  I stood up on shaky legs and Derek had to steady me before noticing the bottle of vodka in my hand.

"I thought I smelled alcohol" he groaned "you're drunk."

"Good assumption sour wolf" I said with a bubbly grin.  Despite Derek's gloomy mood, something about his presence made me a bit cheery.  Maybe it was the fact that I wasn't completely alone tonight.

"How many times have I told you not to call me that" Derek moaned.

"Aye wolfie" I slurred and I could of sworn I saw Derek smile, but that's impossible.  Derek doesn't smile, at least not the Derek I know.  Derek grabbed my shoulders and directed me into the house while making sure I didn't fall over in my drunken state.  He's so thoughtful I thought as I smiled.  I smiled at the feel of his hands on my shoulders.

{DEREK'S POV}

"Sit" I commanded as I pushed Stiles onto my couch.  He just started laughing his ass off like heard the funniest joke in the world.

"What's got you all worked up?" I quizzed as I took his slight figure in.  His clothes were messy, probably do to all his stumbling around in the woods.  His cheeks were turning red from all the alcohol and it contrasted with his beautiful brown eyes perfectly, wait what?  Beautiful?  I have got to stop these insistent thoughts.  They had started creeping into my head recently and I couldn't get them to stop.

"You're sexy when your deep in thought" Stiles commented, completely ignoring my earlier question and I quirked an eyebrow at him.  Sexy?  Did Stiles just call me sexy?  If anyone's sexy it's him.  Damn it, there are the strange thoughts at work again.  I rubbed my temples in frustration.

"So have you talked to Scott recently, because it feels like I haven't talked to him in ages" Stiles rambled on in a slur and I opened my eyes to look at his pained face "He always seems to be hanging with Isaac these days."

"Don't you have anyone else you can hang out with?" I asked curiously.

"If you're talking about Allison and Lydia, they'd only hang with me because they feel bad" Stiles explained with a pout "but I've always got you to hang out with sour wolf.  I know you won't admit it, but I think you and your sexy self like hanging out with me."  Stiles looked all smug with a drunken glaze in his eyes before the bottle of vodka dropped from his hand and shattered on the floor.

"Oopsies" Stiles said with a giggle and I quirked an eyebrow at him trying to fight back my laughter at his reaction.  I tried my best to stop the giggling but his cute giggle was contagious and before I knew it I was laughing too.  When I finally stopped, Stiles was looking at me like he'd seen a ghost.

"What?" I asked self-consciously.  I don't know why I was feeling so self conscious because it was just Stiles, but I was.

"You. Actually. Laughed" he gasped and I pursed my lips.  Damn I need to keep my guard up better.  I can't laugh at stupid things like Stiles dropping a bottle of vodka.  I shook my head as I went and grabbed a towel from the hall closet.  When I came back Stiles was trying to clean up the glass mess with his bare hands.

"Stiles, what the hell are you doing?" I scolded.

"I'm just trying to-  OW!"  I rushed over to him, draping a towel over the broken glass.

"What happened?" I asked concerned and Stiles held up his finger in answer.

"It hurts" he said in an upset tone.

"Well yeah I'm sure it hurts, come on" I sighed as I grabbed his wrist and dragged him to the kitchen.  I knew his cut had to hurt with all the alcohol getting into it, it was sure to sting.

"Ow, ow, ow" Stiles cried out as we walked to the sink in the kitchen.  He was obviously too drunk to realize he's overreacting.  I rinsed the cut out with warm water and rapped a bandage around his finger.

"There all better" I said as if talking to a child and as if on urge I quickly gave his finger a quick kiss.  I led Stiles back to the couch and he was passed out before I could say goodnight.  I sighed and was about to head upstairs to my bed but I felt the need to do something.  I leaned down and gently placed my lips to Stiles' forehead.

"Goodnight Stiles" I whispered before heading upstairs.