#46 Jackson/Isaac

{ISAAC'S POV}

"Let me out!" I screamed "please, someone just let me out!"  I pounded my raw, bloodied fists against the side of the storage box until they were numb, but no one came.

"Please, damn it, please" I whimpered, losing hope of this never ending circle of abuse would come to an end.  I curled my knees into my chest, pressing my face into them and letting out small sobs as my body shook.

It was at that point that the scene changed and I looked up to see that it was late morning.  I blinked a few times before my surrounding came into focus.

"How'd you get the black eye Isaac?" I turned and suddenly sherriff Stilinski was standing there with a note pad looking at me expectantly.  I furrowed my brows as I slowly reached my hand up to touch my eye and winced at the slight pressure.  It was that point that I saw someone else out of the corner of my eye and almost winced, but held myself back.  It was my father.

I saw it in his eyes, that threatening look.  That look said it all, I remembered how I got that black eye, but if I said the truth I knew I'd pay for it.  My dad would probably give me a matching one on the other eye.  I was about to speak up with an excuse when the scene suddenly changed once again.

I was first aware of the comforting rise and fall of a chest beneath my head.  Then I became aware of my surroundings.  I was in Jackson's room.  I remember this.  It was before our big fight, well, a few minutes before to be exact.

"Your dad seriously locked you in a freezer as punishment?" Jackson spoke up softly.  I pursed my lips and folded my hands on my stomach.

"You know, after the first few times it happens, you kind of just get used to it" I offered emotionlessly "although it was always worse when my uncle came to town, when he helped."  We sat in silence for a few minutes before Jackson sat up, forcing me to sit up as well.

"Isaac.... that's not okay" he whispered, resting his hand on top of mine.  I sat there, biting my lips before slowly moving my hand from under his and wringing my hands together.

"That's just how it was Jackson" I shrugged, taking a long deep pause before continuing on "and that's why I have to leave."

"Leave?  What the hell are you talking about, leave?" he demanded in shock and I stood up off the bed, but I couldn't bare to turn around and look at him.

"My uncles back in town Jackson" I protested softly "If I stay, he's going to fight for custody from Ms. McCall, and I can't put myself through that.... not again."

"But you can't just leave" Jackson chanted in a raised voice "you can't just let him control you.  Let him push you to drop you life and leave at just the thought of him coming."

"Yes I can" I yelped back at him "I can't just stick around here and fight a losing fight, I'm not going to do it."

"It's not a losing fight Isaac, if you just try-"

"I have nothing holding me here!" I yelled, stopping his protests.  Jackson looked as if he was going to speak up, but his face quickly sank at my words.  I opened my mouth to appologize, but nothing would come out.  I hadn't meant to say it like that, but that's how it came out and I don't know how to even take something that big, back.

"Well if that's how you feel, then I guess you should just leave" he murmured.  I was about to respond when suddenly everything began shaking and my eyes fluttered open.

***

I woke up to the scene of my teacher here in Arizona waking me up.  I blinked a few times to get rid of the last peices of sleep.

"Now that you seem to be with us again Mr. Lahey, I suggest you start paying attention to the lesson and stay awake" my math teacher stated strictly.  I wanted to, I did, but my mind was still reeling from my dream montage. 

I stuck around for the rest of class, but after that I raced out the front doors of the school.  I just couldn't take it anymore.  I couldn't focus.  I couldn't calm down.  And I couldn't seem to breath after the freezer memory. 

Once in the parking lot, I leaned my hands on my knees, trying to get my breathing back to normal.  I pressed my eyes shut, wishing away the memories.  Trying to get myself to a state where I could finish the school day, but it didn't even seem possible.

"Trying to let it go?" I spun around to the sight of non other that Jackson standing, leaning his back against the school with his arms crossed.  I didn't respond, because I had no idea what to even say.

"Before you get your panties in a twist about how I couldn't of found you don't, because I have something important to say" he explained "I spent my whole plane ride here thinking about what I was going to say to you.  I had this whole speech planned out and now that I'm here, I can only think of one thing to say.  And that's that I'm an idiot."  I stayed silent as I tried to think of something to say, but Jackson seemed to take that as a negitive reaction as he began to ramble on once again.

"And I know that's probably a stupid thing to say when you're trying to win your boyfriend back, which kind of supports the statement" he continued "but I am an idiot, I'm an idiot for letting you leave.  I should've fought harder Isaac, I should've.  You leaving was the last thing that I ever wanted, and yet somehow I ended up being the one telling you to go.  And that makes me an idiot Isaac because-"  At that point I ran over to him, pressing him up against the school wall with a kiss.

"You didn't let me finish" Jackson let out breathlessly as we finally parted and I sighed, turning away from him.

"God, you were always the best at ruining a moment" I groaned "you know that Whittemore."

"Hey" he called out, grabbing my wrist and turning me back to face him "All I was going to say is that I'm and idiot for letting you go when I still love you."  I shook my head as I rested my forehead against his.

"I love you too Jackson" I breathed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, so here's another one shot.  I hope you all enjoyed and I'll try and do another one really soon!  Thanks for reading!  ^_^