Chapter 1

"Reports of something moving through the woods slowly. Police are checking it out. Stay tuned for more...." The tv said before a commercial break.

    "What do you think it is?" Amy said looking towards me. "Probably some drunk man, or a deer." I said with a little goosebumps.

    After a while of commercials the news finally came back on. "The police find a dead body on the ground eaten. The police say a wolf probably got it. Stay t-" the tv reporter said before she was interrupted. "RUN!" A man was screaming before bolting down the street. Amy and I looked at each other nervous as why he was screaming. Suddenly the tv turned off.

    "NO!" Amy said frantically pushing the on button for the tv. I walked over to the window while Amy was doing everything she could to get the tv on.

    As I made it over the window, I pulled the blinds back. I saw nothing, not a single person, dog, or moving vehicles. In fact, she didn't hear anything except the screaming and cursing Amy was making. "Amy, screaming at the remote will not make the tv turn on." I said trying to reason. Suddenly the tv turned on. Amy gave me one of those "told you so" looks as I rolled my eyes. "People, whoever is atill listening, find somewhere safe to hide. Quickly, there are- ARGHH!!" We heard the tv reporter screamed as there were groans and loud banging.

    "What was that?" Amy said scared. "I don't know. But we need to do what they said." "What kind of shelter, we don't even know what we beed to hide from!" Amy said quickly while dropping the remote on the floor next to the coffee table.

    We heard screaming and people running. Amy and I run to the window to see something terrifying. Ripped up people were eating other people. It almost looked like they were, no they couldn't be, thats impossible! "Are those ZOMBIES?!" Amy said with a horrified look on her face, almost as if she read my mind."I-I think s-so." I said.

    "We need to get out of here right now!" I said dragging Amy behind me. We ran and ran until we made it into the woods.(love that movie) "What about our families?" Amy said as we stopped at a log. "We will find them, but first we need to find somewhere to stay the night." I say as it's getting dark.

    "Hey are you two bitten!" Two men say from a distance. "Bitten? Oh yeah, no we're not bitten." I say. "I call dibs on the hottest guy" Amy whispers to me where the men can't hear. "Shut up." I whisper back not caring about love right now.

    "Good, my name is Jess, and the other guy is Ethan." The first one that is called Jess says. " Hi Ethan says to us. "Follow us, there is a bu-" Jess couldn't finish before about 20 zombies were surrounding us.

    A zombie was coming right for me. But before it could get be the scariest thing happened. Amy jumped in front of me. "AMY!!" I screamed in terror as zombies were ripping her flesh.

    "G-g-o q-uickly before they g-et you guys too. We'll meet again." Amy said before Jess and Ethan dragged me away from the zombies. "NO AMY IS BACK THERE!!!!" I screamed as I kicked and struggled against their strong arms. "She wanted us to get out of there." Ethan said. I stopped struggling and broke down.

    I still remember her last words. I promise Amy, I will find the cure for you, my best friend.