Cana Alberona x Mute! Female Reader

Requested from Burgundy_wolflegend

~12 years ago~

I sniffled and curled up in the alleyway, trying to hide from the outside world. I watched the town I grew up in burn to the ground. The adults were killed one by one and the children were taken away. I teared up, knowing there was no hope for me. I quietly sat there, waiting for my faith to come already.

After several minutes, I heard the sound of footsteps slowly approaching. I gulped as I watched a shadowy figure approach me. The figure came closer and closer and finally showed a small girl with red hair. She blinked and quickly ran over to me and crouched down to my height.

"Are you okay? You're not hurt are you?" She asked. I shook my head, making her sigh in relief. "Good. Look, I know you don't know me but we have to get out of here okay." She said, helping me up. I nodded in agreement and the both of us got out of the alleyway. 

"I'm Erza. How about you?" She asked. I shrugged and continued walking beside her. I didn't have a name since growing up, I didn't have any parents or guardians. My father left my mother before she had me and my mother died at my birth. I didn't have any other relatives so they gave me away to an orphanage. They didn't bother giving me a name either. "Well, then I'll call you (Y/N) Scarlet then! You can be my sister." She grinned. I smiled slightly and nodded. 

"Look! Over there!" A man yelled, alerting several other men. Erza grabbed my wrist and began to run the other direction while dragging me. But sadly our plan didn't work and we were caught.

~Present time~

I sighed softly and leaned back against my chair. I took out a book and began to read. 

"Hello (Y/N)," A voice greeted me. I looked up to see Erza smiling while walking towards me later sitting next to me. I gave her a small wave and put down my book. "I got this month's rent. Sorry, the mission took so long. My teammates were fooling around." She sighed frustrated. I smiled and nodded in understatement.

"So how have you been? Good?" She asked. I nodded again to reply to her answer. Ever since Erza found me, I've never talked. Despite how much I trust Erza and how much I love her as a sister, I can never even let out a small squeak. Erza was always patient with me and didn't really mind me not talking. 

"I'm going to my guild later to make sure those two aren't causing any trouble. You should come along. Lucy, Wendy, Mira, and Levy want to see you again." She told me. I looked at her slightly scared and looked down. She smiled softly and placed a hand on my shoulder. "There's no need to be nervous you know. They aren't the type to judge others." She reassured me. I looked up and gave her a small nod. "Good. I'm going use the bathroom. When I'm done, we're leaving." She said, getting up to leave. 

Once she finished up, the both of us left to go to the guild. I followed her to the guild quietly as she warned me about the people avoid. "And Cana. She's a nice person and all but she drinks a lot so avoid her. Okay?" She said. I nodded making her smile and ruffled my hair. "Good."

We reached the guild and Erza put me behind her. I looked at her confused but she gave me a reassuring look. She opens the door to reveal a large guild with a bunch of people. In the corner were two guys arguing. They must be Natsu and Gray since Erza always complains about them fighting.

"You go hang out with Wendy and the others. I'm gonna take care of those two." She told me and went over to Natsu and Gray. I looked inside trying to find Wendy, Lucy, Mira, or Levy but couldn't find either of them. I frowned and looked over to the bar and finally saw Mira. I walked over to the bar and sat down on one of the stools.