Last Straw

Guyssss, this book is slowly coming to an end but not quite yet. . vote and comment!

Kaydence's POV

"So y'all niggas is dead ass coming to Baltimore for an entire week?" I asked Nuk and Ocho as we stood posted on the front porch of the stash house.

"Dead ass. I'm tired of New York so we might as well, I mean. ."

"Okay, say no more. As soon as Los finishes with Marvin, we out. . and we turning the city up tonight."

"Shit, I'm ready." Ocho said. "I need me a little jawn to bring back up here too. You got me?"

"Ay, if those bitches can't get to me. . they want the next thing closest so I got you nigga. Ima find both of y'all a bitch while y'all there." I told the two of them as I bothered Ace by pretending to throw a toy out in the yard.

"Word, good look and what that nigga Los meeting with Marvin for?" Nuk questioned. "He ain't tryna sell dope no more but what did I do a few months ago?"

"Leave."

"And where I'm at now?"

"Back on the same shit." Ocho answered before laughing. "Nobody can ever leave this shit alone for good from what I've seen. . even niggas who aren't that into it leave and then come back."

We watched as Marvin's white jag cruised up and heard the doors slam. The gate unlocked and in walked him and Carlos. "Yo, yo, yo!" Marvin greeted, dapping each of us up with Los following. They both seemed to be in good moods.

"We were just talking about y'all." I told them as we all headed inside.

"And we were just talking about you. . let me get at you real quick." I nodded and followed him back to what used to be my office. The desk was still there but there were a few slight changes.

"Who is Mecca and why is he pinning some homicides on you?"

"You know Mecca. He's from the southside, has dreads."

"That lil nigga that we had problems with a while back?" He asked, bringing back a few memories. "Yeah, him. I don't know about any homicides. Who told you that?"

"You know that everything gets back to me but are you sure?"

"I mean. . I- yeah, I'm sure." I stuttered. He raised his eyebrow, "KD, what happened?"

"Dani got kidnapped and-" His eyes widened, "Is she okay?"

"Yeah, this was a few months ago but I found out that Ayriel and Dontae had that shit planned so I went back. ."

"And killed them." He finished my sentence. I ran my hands over my face and nodded, "Yeah, I killed them both."

"Kaydence, are you serious man?"

"Daniella lost the baby behind that shit. . I had to handle it B."

"Where do you wanna end up being? Do you wanna get sent to prison again? Mike won't be able to help this time."

"Nah but what else could I have done? I mean, my son was killed. What would you have done?"

"I understand that part but there are smart ways to do things. . somebody could've did that for you KD. It's not hard to drop a bid on somebody's head. You've done it before." This brought back memories as well.

Not long after I got down with HLW, I was put to a test. Marvin made me drop 5 racks on this girl's head and after a few hours, she was killed. It was a random girl that was the girlfriend of one of our oppositions back then. I didn't know what I was doing and kind of regretted taking an innocent woman's life but that was the past.