OG

Vote and comment!

Ayriel's POV

"Hey, Ms. Celi-"

"You leave for months and then you think it's okay to just pop up out of no where Ayriel. That isn't okay." I could hear Karcyn playing and making noises in the background as Ms. Celine spoke to me.

"I went through something an-"

"They closed the case. Kaydence has full custody of Karcyn now. I'll let you see her but she can't leave or anything with you." She stepped aside and welcomed me in. I rushed into the living room where my daughter was fiddling with toys. She began crying when she saw me come in and it kind of broke my heart. I kneeled down and picked her up but she didn't want me to hold her. She reached and cried for Ms. Celine, bringing tears to my eyes.

Ms. Celine took her away from me and immediately, she stopped crying. My baby probably didn't remember me anymore and I was only away for a few months. I didn't know what to do, how I would deal with this, or how I would fix it.

"She has to get used to you agai-" The front door opened and Kaydence walked in but he wasn't alone. His new bitch was in front of him and the two of them looked happy. I wasn't jealous or anything, I was over all of that shit.

"Yo what the fuck? Why she here?" He grabbed Karcyn out of Ms. Celine's hold and mugged me. Before me or his mom could say anything, he spoke again. "I don't know what the fuck you got going on Ayriel but Karcyn don't need you. I told you that over the phone, didn't I?"

"That doesn't mean that I can't see my daughter Kaydence!" I shot at him.

"Aight. This might be your last time though." He had the same evil ass mug plastered on his face and it was pissing me off.

"I can't stand your ass."

"Okay okay. We aren't gonna do this tonight. Ayriel I think it's best that you leave. . You can come by another time." Kaydence chuckled, "Ain't no more times. This is it."

"We'll take it back to court." I brushed past him and headed for the door. "Ain't no more going to court either baby girl. They closed that case cause you couldn't even show up. Get the fuck outta here." I wanted to cry but couldn't. I walked down the driveway and got in Dontae's car.

"You good?" He asked. I shook my head no and that was when the tears started falling. I didn't have anything to live for now. Karcyn was my world, my everything and even though it may have seemed as if I didn't give a damn about my daughter, I did, more than I cared about myself. I would've done anything possible just to be able to wake up to seeing her face every morning.

"That nigga gained some weight, ain't it?" Dontae asked, ignoring the fact that I told him that I told him I wasn't okay. I didn't answer his question and I just needed a shoulder to lean on. "I wish you'd kill his ass already." He chuckled and pulled out of the driveway, "You shouldn't be worrying about that. Where I'm taking you?"

"Take me to Jessie's."

Kaydence's POV

"Kaydence, calm down."

"I am calm."

"We're about to be on some other shit. You don't have time to focus on Ayriel's crazy ass." Dani said as she rubbed her hand up and down my back.

"I know that Dani." I got up from the couch and went upstairs to the room that I was using until we moved. I grabbed the ziplock bag of weed out of the drawer along with a pack of backwoods before I rolled two blunts and headed back downstairs. My mama and Dani were both in the kitchen now while Karcyn slept, giving me some time to be alone. I went out to the porch and lit a blunt.