Hating On The Low

Daniella's POV

Preshae and I were out getting pampered since it was my last day off. She had been acting strange towards me and I couldn't figure out why.

"Yeah, I'm getting coffin." She stated as we took our seats to get our nails done. "So. . . Last night, what happened?" I knew that eventually she would ease into a conversation having to do with Kaydence. "It was alright."

She rose her eyebrows in shock. "They both approve? That's surprising." She giggled.

"Shae, I'm grown as hell. I don't need anyone's approval.."

"True true, I feel you on that one but one more question. What attracts you to that man? You never dated niggas with tattoos and shit." I gave her a shrug, not wanting to get deeper into the conversation.

I didn't really know what it was that attracted me to Kaydence. Preshae was right, I never dated guys with tattoos or anything like that. I always went for the ones wearing the suits and ties, carrying a suitcase only because that was all that I was surrounded by.

I thought that it was the vibe that Kaydence gave me, the positive energy that he brung but it was something that I couldn't quite understand and believe me, it was more than the way he pleased me in bed.

I was surprised with myself once I realized that I really loved him. Hell, I didn't even know why I loved him the way I did in such little time. It was unexplainable and scary as hell. I didn't know what I was getting myself into but lord, I did know that I needed guidance because I just couldn't help myself.

"And where'd you say you met him again?"

"The hospital. I was his nurse for a shift." She gave me a confused look and waited for me to finish. "He got into something and had to be rushed in, gave me his number and we took it from there." I switched the story around, leaving out the most important part.

"So you don't miss Wes at all?"

"Not at all." She gave me a 'yeah right' look but I was telling the truth. Sure, when me and him first broke up I was sad and missing him but things were completely different now after almost 9 months. Kaydence was back and even as just friends, he made me feel better than Wesley ever could.

"Wow. That's crazy. Almost 2 whole years of being engaged to this good man and you let some gangsta ass nigga mess that up." She shook her head and turned to watch as she got her nails done.

"Preshae, Im gonna need for you to stay in your place. You don't know what Wesley put me through and you don't know Kaydence so before you start putting labels on people, get to know them first."

"Okay." She said blankly.

Kaydence's POV

Los and I were on our way to link with Melly and make some shit shake. I wanted to stay at mom's and keep my eyes glued to Karcyn but daddy had to run this money up and I knew my mama would watch her carefully.

"When you going back to New York?" Los asked. I turned my music down and started talking. "Probably sometime next week but not to stay, I gotta watch my lil girl.."

"Oh yeahhh, what the fuck happened with that?"

"Dumb ass thought it would be okay to leave the baby with her irresponsible ass dad. She called my phone crying, telling me to go pick her up and when I got there, the fucking door was locked and nobody was answering so I kicked the bitch in and seen Karcyn crawling around crying with nobody else in sight." I pulled up in Melly's apartment building parking lot.