Weird Shit

AN: I'm trying my hardest not to give you guys too much in one chapter, tryna keep everything at a steady pace before it all blows up but aye, I finally hit 900 followers so I'm hype lol. Thank y'all so much! Oh and my birthday is Saturday so I probably won't be updating until sometime in the middle of next week but I promise to make it juicy for yall. Anyway, vote & comment and most importantly, I love you guys! ❤️

Daniella's POV

I knocked on my parent's door and waited until my dad answered it. "Hey babygirl." He pulled me into a hug and kissed my forehead before letting me in.

"Your mom is in the back watering those darn flowers." He said as the two of us walked towards the backyard. When my mom heard the slide door open she stopped what she was doing and came in our direction.

"I wanna talk to you Daniella." She said dryly. I was hoping that there wasn't more bad news but from the looks of it, there was. "What's going on?"

"I don't like your friend..." She frowned. I knew she was talking about Kaydence but I wanted to know what her reasoning was.

"Why not?"

"He just seems like too much. He looks like he comes from the proje-"

"What're you saying dear? I come from where the people are poor and they fight all of the time but that doesn't define who someone is as a person because if it did, there would be no such thing as you and I." My dad chimed in. I nodded in agreement as my mom stared at me with worry.

"All I'm saying is that he looks kinda dangerous. I'm just scared for you Dani, that's all." She rubbed my shoulder. "He isn't that type of guy. You don't have to be scared for me."

"Well just keep your eyes opened, please. So many people are getting hurt and stuff these days. All of these terri-"

"Mama, just relax. I'll be fine." I interrupted her before she went on a rant.

"So what about Wes?" She removed her gardening gloves and led the way back inside the house.

"What do you mean?"

"Are you guys done for good?"

"Yes.."

"Are you sure you're making the right decision Dani?" She asked nervously as we followed her into the livingroom.

"How would I be sure? Only time can tell if I'm making the right decision but right now, I'm going with the flow and following my heart." My dad smiled and nodded his head at me while smirking.

"I'm so glad that you're grown and mature enough to know exactly what you want. That's my girl!" He butted in, giving me a high five. Even when I made terrible choices some times, my dad always stood by me and this was probably why I was closer to him.

"Just don't let him hurt you and if he does, you know who to call." He winked at me and then left me and my mom alone.

She smiled a smile of uncertainty before she started talking. "Don't trust men." She reminded me and took my hands into hers, holding them tight.

"Don't give that man your all until you get to know him better. It took me three years to trust your dad completely." I nodded, taking in what she was saying.

"How come you didn't tell me all of this when I let you meet Wesley?" I asked.

"Because he was different. Wesley wasn't high when we met him." She chuckled before speaking again. "He had on a nice tux and pulled your chair out for you..."