Destroyed

Very short and dry chapter. Excuse all errors, vote, & comment!

Kaydence's POV

"Long story short, that nigga Dontae is dead. He was the one who kidnapped her but Ayriel made her lose the baby. I gave her three to the dome." I said to Los, telling him what went down before I got here.

"This is straight bullshit bro. Daniella ain't deserve no shit like that man and then they take my nephew. . that's fucked up." He toked the blunt and then passed it back to me.

"Shit is beyond fucked up and it's crazy because killing them ain't even make me feel better. I'm ready to get the fuck out of Baltimore for good." There was nothing in Baltimore for me, foreal. This place was a fucking jungle and I didn't belong here.

"Word. I feel you but aye, you did it in a sneaky way, right?"

I shrugged, "Nah. I just did it to be honest. That bitch and Dontae set this shit up to make my son die if you ask me so I don't give a fuck. . It's worth going to jail over." He looked at me stupid. Shit, maybe he could tell that this shit was driving me insane but then again, it probably couldn't be seen on the outside.

"I wanna see Daniella man. ." Los said sadly. I grabbed my keys off of the table and nodded before getting up and heading for the door. A part of me wanted to be with her but the other half of me wanted to be alone. I felt like I needed some time to myself in order to get this shit through my brain. . the simple face that my son was taken before I had a chance to even meet him was eating me alive.

The ride to the hospital was silent and once we arrived, Los got out first, rushing to the entrance while I took my time, not really wanted to go in anyway. Stopping the tears that were getting ready to fall, I got out and made my way inside.

"Daniella Rodriguez," I walked in and saw that Los waited for me at the receptionist area. He gave her name and the receptionist directed us to the room by giving us the room number.

"You good?" He asked me as we went up in the elevator. I was guessing that he could tell that I wasn't right. "Nah, I'm not even finna lie." He shook his head, not knowing what to say while we headed down the hall and into the room.

Daniella was up, just staring at the wall. A rare tear rolled down my face once our eyes met. The vibe in here was so damn negative but that was until I walked over to her, taking her into my embrace as she began crying.

"I was supposed to protect you. I'm sorry." I said a little above a whisper as my guilt overrode my pain. "We gone try again, even though it won't be him. . he'll always be here in spirit." She never said anything. She just cried on my shoulder while Los waited for us to finish having our moment.

"Hey Los. ." He walked over to us and gave her a hug. "I'm sorry abou-"

"It's fine. . did you tell mom and dad?"

"Nah, I will." He pulled his phone out as he headed for the door.

"He looked like you. . a damn spitting image." She said with a weak smile plastered on her face. I swallowed the huge lump in my throat and smiled back at her.

"He was gon' look and act like his daddy. ." I chuckled. "But are you okay? Like physically?"

"I guess. . I still have a headache and my 'you know what' hurts a little."

"Dani, I wanna try again. We have to."

"I- Not right now. I'm still trying to get over the fact that all of this happened."

I understood where she was coming from and honestly, I was taking things better than she was so giving her more than enough time to get over it wasn't a problem at all, as long as we did try again later on.