Chapter 39

Chapter 39
-Justin-

Another day of school. Great. Ever since me and Hailee split, Karla thinks I'm all hers now. God she annoys the crap out of me. I just want to punch her in the face but, hey, I don't hit girls.

"So Justin, what are you doing after school?" She asked, like everyday.

"Staying away from you." Was always my response. Just like now. She whimpered and I smiled.

"Justin why are you so mean to me?" She whined. I laughed at her question.

"Ha! Where do I even begin?! Karla you are annoying as fuck so why can't you just leave me alone ever?! Just because I'm single doesn't mean in open for grabs!" I laughed. She frowned.

"Whatever." She stomped away and I sighed with relaxation. Finally, away from that bitch.
-------------------------------------
-Hailee-

I was walking trough the halls during class because I asked to go to the restroom. I bedded to relax. I didn't feel very good, and I was hungry. Ever since I ate that sub yesterday I've been wanting food. That's a good thing, my mom said. I went into the restroom seeing Karla redoing her makeup. I just wanted to walk out now.

"Oh look who it is!" She squeaked. I rolled my eyes and sighed. "Have you heard?"

"What?" I spat at her.

"Justin and me, we're like a thing now." She said. I knew she was lying. Justin would never date her. I raised my eyebrows at her and laughed.

"You really think I would believe that? Karla I know you're just doing that to piss me off and make me jealous but guess what? I know Justin. He would never date you. Ever. In a million years." I made sure she knew what I was saying. She narrowed her eyes at me. "I'm not scared of you Karla. You think everybody will go what they tell you just because they are scared. Well guess what Karla? I'm not scared. And I never will be."
-------------------------------------

At lunch a few days later Sam pulled me outside before everyone else was out. He pulled my underneath the tree and looked at me, straight in the eye.

"Hailee I have to tell you something." He said. I gave him a confused look.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Hailee, I really like you. Like more than a friend." He told me. M eyes widened. He put his hands on my hips, pulling me closer to him. I started backing up until my back hit the tree. He still had his grip on my hips. He looked into my eyes and I became worried.

"Sam what are you trying to say?" I questioned.

"Hailee I need you. I don't care what you think but I need you. I need your body." He told me. His hands started moving up.

"Sam get off me." I said trying to push him off, but he grabbed my wrists pinning them above my head with one hand. The other me placed right under my butt so her could push me up to his face. He pressed his lips onto mine with a lot of force. I didn't even try to kiss back. I squealed at him trying to get him to stop but he wouldn't. I was kicking but he was till to strong for me. It got to the point where I couldn't even breath. All of the sudden, I felt all his weight being pushed off me. I felt to the ground taking big gasps of air. I looked over and saw Sam, pinned underneath.... Justin.

"Don't you ever do that to her again!" He was shouting as he was punching Sam all over. I was shocked, but didn't care to stick around. I got up and ran to my car, getting in and speeding away. I pulled up to my driveway and ran inside the house, shutting the door behind me. I slid down the back and put my head on my knees. I noticed I was crying. I wouldn't have expected that. Not by Sam. He seemed so sweet. But I guess I was wrong. All he ever wanted with me was my body. But then I thought past that. Why would Justin do that for me?
-------------------------------------

A few hours later, around three, I heard a knock on the door. I was up in my room looking through my Facebook. I got up and headed to the door, swinging it open. It wasn't who I expected.

"Hey, are you okay?" Justin asked.

"Yeah I'm fine." I said letting him in.

"Good." He said quietly. It was an awkward silence for a minute.

"Justin, how did you know?" I asked, a question that was bugging me all day since it happened. "How did you know I needed help?"

"Well I was out for some fresh air and I heard someone and it sounded like they were screaming so I ended up there. And when I saw it was you I just had to do something." He explained.

"Why?" I asked.

"Hailee just because we're broken up doesn't mean I still care about you. You were my first real girlfriend and I feel that is a responsibility. To make sure you're okay. That also doesn't mean I still don't love you." He said. It felt good to hear him say that. I smiled at him and he smiled back. Before I knew what I was doing, I ran into his arms for a hug. He seemed surprised at first but then he hugged back.

"Thank you." I said. But I was to caught up in the moment to day anything else. The familiar smell, and better yet, the feeling of being in his arms again, even if not forever, was just to good to be true.
-------------------------------------
-Justin-

To have her in my arms again felt so right. Almost three weeks since last time. And it felt so good. Like it was meant to be. But I couldn't say anything. I just couldn't find a way to say it without sounding desperate. But I am. I need her back. But I can't tell her that. She looks like she's fine without me. And maybe she thinks the same way, that I'm fine without her. But I'm not. I'm broken inside. I never knew that I would feel like this. To feel so broken. I know what I did was wrong but I didn't even know what happened till I saw the pictures. Hailee's movement snapped me back into reality.

"Justin can we talk?" She asked. I nodded and we went to sit down on the couch. To be honest, it was a little awkward. "You're probably getting the wrong idea about this but I just wanted to say thank you. For being here for me when I needed it. But I never took the time to let you explain what happened." She rambled on. I thought back to almost three weeks ago.

"Ah well I went to the party, and started looking for Chaz. There were a lot of girls trying to get me to dance with them but then I found Chaz and he made me drink a beer but then I started another one and then after a couple I didn't remember anything. I don't even remember the girl I never remembered talking to her." I explained. Hailee sat there looking down at the ground. "You alright?"

"Yeah I'm fine." She stuttered looking up at me. But I knew she was lying.