Chapter 16

Chapter 16

-Hailee-

I waited in line waiting for the so called food for lunch. Once I got it, I went and sat down at the lunch table next to Ryan and Stephanie.

"Hello." I said as I sat down.

"Hey, did you get in trouble?" Stephanie asked.

"Yeah, did you guys have to go down to the principals office?" I questioned.

"Yeah, and Karla just had to make up some lie." I groaned.

"Don't worry, we got you back." Ryan said.

"Karla get away." We heard Justin tell from behind us. I turned to see him and sure enough, Karla was tagging along but Justin kept walking.

"I have to talk to you Justin. This is important." Karla screeched.

"I highly doubt that it's that important." Justin mumbled and sat down next to me.

"But Justin." She cried.

"No! Now get away!" Justin yelled, getting annoyed. Karla stomped her foot and stormed away. Justin turned his attention to us rolling his eyes.

"Bad day?" I asked.

"So far." He groaned. I laughed.

"Well lets try and make something fun happen while we can." Stephanie said.

"Yeah, that would be nice." Justin said.

"Okay, well, I heard about this party on Friday night. Maybe we could all go." Ryan said.

Who's party is it?" Justin questioned.

"Ah I have no idea. I just heard about it and thought maybe it would be fun." Ryan said as we all got up, heading outside. Once we got out, the bright sun shine down on us. Justin put his hat on walked besides me.

"Hey guys, we'll be right back." Stephanie said pulling Ryan, and running off, leaving me and Justin.

"Well then." I said and sat down on a large rock. Justin sat next to me.

"There like that a lot. Hey, you seem Chaz anywhere?" Justin asked.

"I have no idea. Probably flirting again." I said and he laughed.

"Yeah, probably." He said.

"Uhh, I don't want to go to anymore classes." I groaned. "Like at all."

"Maybe we don't have to." Justin half sang. I smiled.

"Where you going with this Bieber?" I asked smiling and he smiled.

"Common, lets go!" Justin said pulling me up and running off. I followed him to his car.

"Where are we going?" I asked once we pulled out of the school parking lot.

"I don't know, where you want to go?" He asked looking at me.

"Lets just go walk around town." I said and Justin nodded turning Ito town. A few minutes later we arrived and he parked on the side of the road and we got out of the car.

"Alright, lets go." Justin said and we walked towards town.

"This is going to be fun!"
-------------------------------------

"Oh Justin, lets go get ice cream!" I said pulling him towards the ice cream shop. We ordered our ice cream and sat outside at a picnic table. We were talking when we heard someone yelling.

"Hey! Shouldn't you kiss be in school!" The voice yelled. We turned to look and saw a policeman standing, walking towards us.

"Oh no, we better run." Justin whispered. We both shot up and took off, running in the other direction of the cop.

"You kids get back here!" The cop yelled running after us. I was running next to Justin and we were running fast.

"Run faster!" Justin yelled and we both picked up pace. We ran until we got to an alley way. "Follow me." We stopped running and Justin led us behind a stack of wood. We got down low as we heard the cop coming and ran straight past us. He left the alley and me and Justin both sat back, panting for air. We both looked at each other and the burst into laughter.

"Oh gosh, that was close." I said as I caught me breath.

"Yeah, if we got caught, we would have been in so much trouble." He laughed.

"My parents would kill me. Literally." I said. We sat on the ground panting for air.

"But that was fun." Justin said after a few minutes of silence.

"Yeah, that was actually kinda fun." I said and looked at him. He had a big smile on his face and I had one on mine. If mom and dad ever find out about this, I'm dead. I cleared the thought from my mind and focused my attention back on Justin. He was still smiling.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked him and he looked at me.

"Nothing." He protected.

"Oh common. I know you're thinking about something. You have the biggest smile on you're face, I know you're thinking about something." I said trying to get him to tell me.

"I was thinking about you." He said. His eyes melted I to mine and his smile never dropped. I smiled wide when he said that and we leaned in, locking our lips.
-------------------------------------

I opened the front door after Justin dropped me off at home. I had to be home early because Lila was leaving soon and so I had to spend time with her. I set my stuff down and walked I to the kitchen, where everybody sat.

"Great news!" Dad said as he noticed I was home.

"What?" I groaned grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge.

"You're father got you a job." Mom said and I practically choked on my water.

"Who said I wanted a job?!" I yelled.

"I thought it would be good for you. You know, to get your mind off of boys." Dad said. I became angry.

"You didn't even bother to ask me first?!" I shouted.

"I knew you would say no, so I had to do it whether you like it or not." Dad explained.

"Where?" I asked.

"It's at a restaurant about fifteen minutes from here." Mom said. Without saying anything, I stormed up to my room. I slammed the door shut and sat on my bed. After a few minutes I heard a knock on the door.

"You okay?" Lila asked as she slipped into my room.

"Yeah, just mad." I said standing up and opening the doors to my balcony. I walked out and stood outside, Lila standing next to me.

"I know how you feel. My mom and dad always did that to me but I found a way to get through it." Lila said.

"Why are you being so nice to me? It's weird." I said

"Because you're my cousin and that's what family is for right? And I know you really like Justin." Lila explained.

"Is it that obvious?" I asked and she laughed.

"Not just be you but anybody could tell he likes you. A lot." She said. The cold wind blew through our hair and chilled my body.

"Yeah, I guess." I said smiling.

"Common, lets go inside. It's cold." Lila said pulling us inside. I sat on my bed and grabbed a blanket, wrapping it around my body. Lila sat next to me. Truth was, maybe she wasn't as bad as she was before.

"Thank you." I muttered to Lila.

"For what?" She asked looking at me.

"For being here and talking to me." I said and she smiled. "Now I didn't want you to leave."

"Well lets do something fun while we can!" She said. "Lets go what girls do."

"Like what?" I asked raising my eyebrow.

"Like read gossip in magazines and paint our nails and stuff like that." She squealed.

"Alright." I said getting up and pulling my nail polish out of the drawer. "Lets do this."