Chapter 23

Chapter 23
-Hailee-

The next morning I was well enough to go to school. I felt better but had a cough every once in a while. I was still mad at my dad for thinking that way. After I yelled at him, me and Justin went up to my room for the rest of the night he was here. When he left I fell asleep. I though about all that happened yesterday as I put my hair up in a messy bun. Today I was feeling lazy so I didn't bother to look good. I lightly did my makeup and then changed out of my pajamas into this:

I grabbed my phone and went downstairs. When I got to the kitchen, my parents sat at the table drinking coffee. Dad was reading the newspaper and mom was trying to make conversation with him. I went to the fridge and grabbed an energy drink, not saying to them. I opened it up and drank some.

"Hailee sit down we need to talk." Dad said not looking up from his paper. I didn't move, telling him I didn't want to, be he continued anyway. "Are you mad at me?"

"What do you think?" I quietly murmured.

"Hailee. I think you are. So I'm only going to say this once, since your mother is making me. I'm sorry for saying that to you last night." He explained but I was still mad.

"That's not it. I don't care that you said it. I care that you thought it. I would never do that to a guy I just started dating." I replied.

"Well if I thought it than maybe there's a reason. You might have done it before with other guys." He hissed, his voice raising.

"Dad! I have not! What happened to you. Ever since we moved here you've been such an ass. It's like it changed you." I said angrily. He finally looked up at me. I gave him a glare.

"Maybe it's because I know now what kids here are like. An I'm just trying to protect you." He yelled.

"Trying to protect me? From what? It's not like I'm going to have sex with him any time soon!" I shouted back at him.

"Guys!" Mom yelled and we both stopped to look at her. "Hailee, we know that. As for you.." She said turning to dad. " you stop accusing her of things. Justin is a good guy. He's not going to get her pregnant."

"Thank you for understanding me." I said to mom. But what she doesn't know was the Justin before. The player. The one who would have got me in bed with him. But that's something I would rather not mention.

"You wouldn't know. We are her parents! Of course he's going to try and make a good impression." Dad spat at her.

"Why are you so dead set on the topic dad?!" I yelled t him. "You know what? Don't even answer that question. I'm leaving." I stormed out of the kitchen and grabbed my bag and car keys. I slammed the front door shut on my way out and got into my car. I put the keys into the ignition and turned the radio on. I pulled out of the driveway and drove in the direction of the school. The only thing I was looking forwards to was to see Justin and Stephanie.

I pulled up to the school and parked in my usual parking stop, next to Stephanie's car. I grabbed my bag and walked into the building. I stopped Stephanie and Ryan and headed towards them.

"Hailee! You're back!" Steph yelled when she saw me walking in her direction. She hopped up an gave me a big hug. "I hope your feeling better!" She pulled away and I smiled.

"Yeah, a lot better." I replied.

"So Justin came and gave you a suprise visit too I heard." She said and we sat down at one of the tables she was at before.

"Yeah he did. And it made me feel better. Speaking of Justin, he's not here yet?" I asked.

"Nope. But he should be coming any minute." She replied. I turned my attention to Ryan.

"Hi Ryan." I said.

"Hi Hailee." He said just the way I did. I laughed.

"So how was yesterday without me?" I joked to no one in particular.

"Omg. Like math was so boring! I had to talk to Karla the whole time! Seriously, don't ever leave me here alone again!" Steph answered and I giggled. Just then, I felt someone's hand cover my eyes making it pitch black.

"Guess who?" The familiar voice said. I smiled.

"Hi Justin." I replied. He dropped his hands from my eyes so I could see again, and sat down next to me.

"Hi beautiful." He said back. I blushed and he hugged me. "It's good to have you back in this hell hole."

"It's good to be back." I laughed.

"You guys are seriously the cutest thing ever! I'm glad both of my best friends found someone that are great for them." Steph cooed. Me and Justin both looked at each other,
Smiling. Justin's smile, the one that warmed my heart.

"What about me?" Ryan pouted and I giggled.

"Ryan, you're more than a best friend. You're my boyfriend. And I couldn't ask for anyone better." She told him and he smiled. They kissed each other. The bell rang and we had to go to class. Justin walked me to class today, hand in hand. He kissed my forehead and then had to get to his class. I sat down next to Stephanie and we started talking through the class. I told her about how Justin brought me soup and he let me go to sleep when he came to see me. She thought that was so cute, she started raising her voice when she talked, the teacher yelled at us. More than once.

By the time lunch came, I already had it with people. I forgot how annoying the people here are. I sat at the lunch table waiting for Justin to come. Steph was busy in a conversation with Ryan and Chaz about something that happened in history class. But it was entertaining to watch them fight, so it didn't seem like a long time before Justin came and sat down next to me.

"Hello." I said to him.

"Hey babe." He replied. " how's your day been?"

"Uh, people are so annoying!" I answered. "How was yours?"

"Same. That stupid bitch Karla won't leave me alone." He groaned.

"Just do what I did, but this time break her nose." I joked and he laughed.

"Yeah, if only. Too bad it's illegal for a guy to hit a girl." He joked back and I giggled.

"Who says she's a girl." We both laughed.

"True dat! But I'm not gonna eat. You?" He asked and I shook my head. "Okay, lets go outside." We both stood up and headed outside. The bright sun shone down on us making it hot outside. We went to the grass and sat under a big tree, so we were in the shade.

"It's weird how a few days ago it was snowing, and now it's all hot." I said as I laid down. Justin laid down next to me.

"That's Canada for you." He said and I giggled.

"Yeah, I guess." I replied. It was silent for a moment until we talked again.

"Ah school sucks." He said breaking the silence.

"Yeah it does. But it's better than being home with my dumb dad. He's such a jerk." I told him.

"Still on that subject from last night?" He asked.

"Yeah. That was probably really awkward for you." I replied.

"Kinda." He said.

"I mean, why would he even say that?" I spat.

"Because that's what every girl does when they have boyfriends at this age." He answered.

"Not us." I said turning to him so I was laying in my side.

"No, and for you, I'll wait." He said turning the same way I was. I smiled.

"Good." I joked and he wrapped his arm around me pulling me closer, into an awkward, but comfortable hug.

"What about Ryan and Steph?" I blurted out of know where.

"I don't know. I'm guessing yes. They have been together for a long time. And they are really into each other, so if I had a guess, I would say yes." He explained. I nodded.

After going back to the topic of my dad thinking I was pregnant, I told Justin everything that he said.

"Don't worry." Justin said multiple times, and it somehow helped me forget about it. We headed back to class once the bell rang. This class went by fast because it was one of the only fun ones I had with Justin.

"Okay class!" The teacher shouted to get everyone's attention. "Today, we are going to use the computers to do some research on different kinds of contamination." I groaned. Why contamination? Why now something cool? We headed to the computers in the library and I sat next to Justin. As usual. I typed our subject into the search bar and it came up with a whole bunch of pictures of different types of contamination. Who knew it was so gross?

"That's disgusting." I said, clicking on a picture of a brown liquid in a lake. Justin leaned over so he could see it.

"It looks like liquid poop." He joked laughing. I laughed too.

"Eww Justin. That's gross." I laughed.

"Ah look at this one." He said clicking on a picture of bright green goo on the side of a small pond. I looked at it.

"That is so gross." I complained.

"This one looks like someone took a piss in it." He said looking at a yellow water substance.

"Eww." I said.

"Why do we have to so this. I don't want to." I heard Karla say to the teacher.

"Because Karla. You have to do work in school sooner or later.and by work, I mean real work. Not flirting with Justin over there." The teacher replied smartly. All the guys went 'ohhhh' including Justin. I laughed. I knew she flirts with him every day, and still, he's with me.

"Like she ever will stop. She's obsessed with him." I heard someone whisper.

"Okay guys, get back to work." The teacher yelled and we all got back to work.
-------------------------------------
-Justin-

It was after school and I was heading home. Hailee said she didn't want to go home to her dad so I asked her to come over. Of course, she agreed. I pulled up in the driveway, getting out of my car and leaning on the hood, waiting for Hailee. She soon pulled up and got out of her car walking to me. I put my arm around her shoulder and we walked inside. I set my stuff down on the floor and walked into the kitchen.

"Want anything to eat?" I asked Hailee as she sat down.

"Just water." She replied. I grabbed both of us a water bottle and handed her one. I leaned on the counter and chugged half of mine. "Someone's thirsty." She joked. I smiled and she returned one.

"I guess you could say that." I said.

"Is Pattie here?" She questioned. I shrugged my shoulders.

"MOM!" I yelled and there was no reply. "I guess not." I looked back at Hailee who was laughing. "What?"

"You." She replied .

"What about me?"

"You're just funny." She answered.

"Hell yeah I am!" I joked and she laughed.

"Anyways, what are we gonna do?"'she said changing the subject.

"How about we..... stay here and do something, and then later, I'll take you to dinner." I suggested. But I knew she would protest because she doesn't like when I spend money on her.

"Okay, but no where expensive." She agreed. I nodded.

"Okay, lets go watch TV for a little bit." I said. We both walked to the living room and sat down on the couch. She was leaning in me, and I had my head resting on hers, with my arms wrapped around her waist. After a few minutes, I heard her light breathing. I looked down and saw her fast asleep. I smiled and noticed I had become really tired too. I felt my eyelids become heavy and they shut, leaving me to sleep.