Chapter 44: Escaping

"Take the humans to the trash.", Lockdown said, I looked over at Tessa and held Lori close.

We were, as Lockdown ordered, taken to the trash compactor. I was not looking forward to being squished and I could tell, neither was Tessa. I opened the van door and got in.

"Alright, here's the plan. You and I are going to leave the van and make a run for it. See that claw? Don't let it grab you. If it grabs you, it's goodbye. As soon as the car lands on all four wheels, open the door and run. I won't be too far behind you.", I said.

Tessa nodded and the car soon was flipped on all four wheels. Tessa opened the door and two robot things stared at her. They attacked after a couple seconds and Tessa kicked them. She fell out of the car and pulled out a crowbar.

After hitting it a few more times, it continued it's attack on her. I got out and pulled her up. We both took off running.

"Optimus?", Tessa called out, her voice raspy.

"Save your voice, Tessa.", I said, my voice not as raspy as hers.

Tessa nodded and we continued walking. Tessa and I hid behind a barrier. Lockdown was talking to someone and held something in his hand. 

"As much as I've enjoyed the hunt, I won't miss your wretched planet.", Lockdown said, "Our deal is done. One Prime for one seed. Handle it with care. I trust your species is ready."

"Don't worry about our species.", James Savoy said, I glared at him.

"Farewell. Earth.", Lockdown said and turned around and started walking.

"We need to tell the others.", I whispered.

"Engage dark matter trimes. Full power.", Lockdown ordered.

"Let's get out of here.", I said and we continued trying to find a way to escape through all this, "We need to find my brother and get out of here."

Tessa nodded. We spotted something in the distance moving around. Tessa looked at me, fear on her face. I gave a reassuring smile. We seen dog-like things and Tessa looked at me again, scared.

"Okay, now we run.", I said and we both took off running with the things on our tails.

We dived into a small space and the demons tried to get through. When they didn't, Tessa and I continued. I looked down at Lori and my eyes widen. She was waking up. If she cried, we could have the whole ship looking for us.

We stopped when a green beam was in clear view. We both jumped up near cages and stood still and quiet. Lori was quiet.....for now. Something wrapped its tongue around Tessa's leg and she tried to pull away from it. The things that were following us left.

Tessa continued to pull her leg away and reached for a knife. She stabbed the tongue and eventually the tongue and the body were severed.

"Gross.", I said.

"Ew!", Tessa yelled.

"Tess!", a voice yelled.

"It's Cade.", I smiled, "I told you."

"Dad! Help me!", Tessa yelled.

"Tess? Tess!", Cade called out, "Come on, move, move! Tessa!"

"Go!", I told her and she ran towards Cade.

"Shane, I love you! I love you! You saved me! You saved me!", Tessa cheered.

"I know. I know.", Shane smiled.

"Thanks, Cade. If it helps, you're my hero.", I smirked.

"Thank you. Thank you so much.", Tessa continued, "Thank you. You saved me."