Movie 4: Chapter 34: Separation

I smiled as I watched Ironhide and the kids. I had the two watch Nightwatcher until I got back. I heard a giggle and looked between the two older bots. Nightwatcher was awake. I picked him up and walked outside. It has been a couple years since the whole incident with Sentinel.

"When you grow up, I will make sure you see Cybertron. Your father and I will never separate. I love you.", I hugged Nightwatcher.

"Carrier, when can I get a vehicle mode?", I looked down at him and smiled

"When you get your upgrade. Everyone gets them at different times.", I answered.

It has been over two years since I gave birth to Nightwatcher and Ironhide is already talking about having another apparently. The base's alarm went off, causing me to look at Nightwatcher and vise versa. We stood up and walked inside to see what was going on.

I smiled when I realized Optimus had called a meeting. It's the only way to wake everyone up. An Autobot was beside him and looked pretty shaken up. It looks to be maybe Bumblebee. As I walked closer, I realized it was.

I spotted Ironhide walking in with a paled faceplate along with IronStar. I realized they must have thought they lost Nightwatcher. I looked down at Nightwatcher just as he saluted another soldier. It was Lennox and he was making his way to the top next to Optimus.

"Autobots, quiet down.", Optimus said, starting the meeting, Nightwatcher and I looked up at him, "Bumblebee has come with news. Listen to what he has to say and I will explain our course of action."

"We are - being hunted.", Bumblebee started, still shaking.

"We already know that!", Que yelled, I turned around and smacked him, "Ow."

"And so are the - Decepticons.", Bumblebee continued.

"That's new.", Que commented, I smacked him again, "Ow! That hurts."

"We are - being hunted by - humans.", Bumblebee concluded, gasps were heard around the room and Nightwatcher clung onto my leg.

Bumblebee looked over at Optimus as he stepped forward to explain the course of action.

"Autobots, calm down. The humans that are hunting us are not those who stand with you in this very base. The humans that hunt us are out there and they are coming. I am afraid families need to split up to keep safe. We must all go into hiding. We cannot fight the humans because we are not like the Decepticons.", Optimus said, "The only one going as a group is my sister, StormBlazer. She will be taking the younglings and only the younglings with her. Those of you who have younglings will need to hand them off to StormBlazer. Know that she will take care of them. The rest of us will go individually. That is all."

Everyone walked away from the main area and went to their berthrooms or workstations. A few bots walked up to me with younglings. One of them had just been born a few hours ago. IronStar and Ironhide walked up to me. Ironhide had tears in his optics, as did I. The promise I had made to our son moments ago has already been broken. I only had to watch over four youngings, two were mine. The other two belonged to Ratchet and FireStar and Sideswipe.

Sideswipe's mate died in the battle in Egypt. Ratchet and FireStar bonded a couple months ago. I felt bad for them. I seen Optimus walk over and I hugged him.

"Why am I in charge of the younglings?", I asked.

"A while ago, we all decided that if we ever had to separate, that you would get the younglings. Everybot voted on it.", Optimus explained, "Even Ironhide."

"We better get going then. I love you guys. Primus, this is so hard! I don't want to leave you guys behind.", I said, a few tears streaming down my faceplate.

"We know. We'll be fine. We're going to have to turn the bonds off though. For now. Storm, you can keep the bonds with the younglings on. We can't know where one another is.", Ironhide said, "I love you too."

"As do I. Safe journey, my sister.", Optimus said, "Make sure the younglings know of their creators."

I nodded and set AirBurn, Ratchet and FireStar's sparkling, into my sparkling hold. I then scanned a big enough vehicle mode that the younglings could all sit inside even if they are in their cybertronian forms.

Survivor said goodbye to his sire and got in my new alt. Nightwatcher and IronStar said goodbye to Ironhide and got in. Ratchet and Firestar said one last goodbye to their newborn sparkling and we left.

We were all officially separated. It isn't fun and games anymore. It's survival.

~~~~~~~~

"Know yourself. Only then can you understand the power you have to bring change, no matter how small, to the world around you."

- Peter Cullen voiced by Optimus Prime