Chapter 38: Who Are You?

"You were talking to your mother for ten minutes? Usually she just hangs up as soon as you call.", Cade said.

"I know. It's weird. She sounded upset about something I don't know.", Lucas said.

"Cade, could you check up on the older three kids too? I want to make sure they don't have bolts loose.", I said, he nodded and got to work.

I heard a car and looked out the window. It was black cars.

"What's out there?", Nightwatcher asked.

"Black cars is all I can see. There is obviously people inside the cars.", I replied.

"Those are the men that ambushed me.", Optimus said, "Come here."

We all jumped down in a hole that was underneath the barn and the humans went out to see who it was. We heard people inside the barn and Cade yelling about Tessa being shot at. We decide to get out and Optimus jumped out first.

"Here I am!", he yelled, "Let's go!"

I got out and helped the younglings out.

"Follow Optimus!", I ordered them and they ran out towards Optimus.

I followed them out with AirBurn in my arms.

"Get in!", I yelled and transformed.

The kids parked their true forms in my trailer and got in my cab. I closed the doors and followed Optimus. I engaged my holoform and we soon met up with a race car of some sort. I look closer and see Cade, Tessa, and one other human.

"Wait, Shane?", my eyes widen at the sight of my old friend from elementary school as a human, "Unbelievable. He actually made his dream."

We drove for a while and we ended up getting shot at by Lockdown. I managed to escape and stopped next to Optimus. Shane on the other servo, got his car shot at. Lockdown took out a grenade and that scared me.

"Move! Run!", I called out to the four.

Shane got out as well as Tessa and Cade. Lucas got his foot stuck but managed to get out of the car. Lockdown tossed his grenade and everybody ran like hell. Flames erupted around the humans and when it disappeared, I saw Cade, Tessa, and Shane escape. Lucas' body was nothing but bones.

"We need to get going, Optimus.", my holoform said, his holoform nodded and we drove off.

I heard, through the com link, Tessa crying over the loss of Lucas and how they just left him. I frowned, hoping to find Ironhide soon as I seen IronStar cry slightly. IronStar was in the passenger seat while Nightwatcher was behind me and AirBurn was behind IronStar, Survivor sat in the middle of AirBurn and Nightwatcher.

All of the younglings were fast asleep. We stopped at a gas station and I got out of my true form to let the younglings sleep.

"I am sorry for the loss of your friend. Stay here until I am sure we were not followed.", Optimus said, I nod and we solute one another before he heads off.

"We're taking orders from a truck?", Shane asked.

"Shane!", I yelled, "Do NOT talk about him like that!"

He jumped and looked over at me, "Lori?! It's been forever!"

"You know lucky charms?", Cade asked, I laughed and nod.

"He and I used to date back in.....what? Middle School? Before he moved.", I answered, "We lost touch and just, broke up."

"Yeah. We weren't meant to be. So, as promised, I have a girlfriend.", Shane said, I burst out laughing.