Chapter 26

***

Jaila.

"Jaila, you better calm down and get some rest."Amari said. 

"I will.I'm fine go home."I told her laying down on the couch with Royalty. Amari was getting ready to leave but not before giving me a speech about how I need to calm down,I swear this is like the third time she's told me to calm down.

"Alright see you guys later, I love y'all."Amari yelled after rubbing my tummy and kissing Roro. 

I shook my head at her loudness.

"Mommy, I want cookies."Royalty looked up at me. I winced in pain flexing my hand.

"What happen mommy? My baby sister okay?"She asked rubbing my tummy. Roro swears the baby is going to be a girl but Chris and I think otherwise.

"Yes baby the baby is fine. Come one let's go make some cookies."We stood up going into the kitchen. 

Climbing onto a chair and on the counter before I could help her up there.

"No mommy, daddy say you no pick me up anymore."

I looked at the clock seeing that it was 11 going on 12 at night which is the time Chris comes home. Royalty should be sleep but she wants to stay up and wait for Chris to come home.

"Mommy can we watch a movie after cookies?"She asks cracking the eggs.

"Yes and then we have to sleep."I explained to her.

My hand began to hurt again. Fuck was her face made out of? Steel. I shouldn't have hit that girl, but she got the best of me and plus she would not shut up and was irritating me.

After a putting the cookies in the oven we waited for them to finish baking.

"Mommy."Roro called out.

"Yes?"I looked up from my phone.

"Are the cookies done?"She whined making me chuckle.

"Babe, we just put them in we have to wait for 10 minutes."I explained to her

"But then I'll be sleeping."She whined again

"I'll save you some okay?"I already knew she was tired because I could see her eyes getting heavy.

"Okay."She nodded.

We were now in the living room on the couch.

I watched as Royalty fell asleep. I shook my head getting up to turn the cookie off and take them out. I decided  to let them cool down and make my way back into the living room.

I was waaaaay too tired to wait for Chris to come home so I cuddle closer to Roro and fell asleep.

***

Chris.

I walked into the dark house smelling chocolate chip cookies. Walking into the living room, I seen Jaila and Roro sleeping together on the couch.

"Babe."I shook Jaila a little.

"Hmm?"She mumbled rubbing her eyes and sitting up.

"Come on let's go to bed."I helped her up by grabbing her hand making her hiss in pain.

I looked down at her hand examining it, it was red and looked bruised.