⤖ chapter forty-four

Her eyes rolled up to the skies that emitted a hue of sky blue, white clouds coordinating the colors—a wonderful day that cannot be ruined by an unsettled argument she shared with the least person she wants to think of at the moment

It was growing annoying as to why he would draw conclusions and assumptions to things proven inaccurately. Where does he even get them?

Brushing off her thoughts, Heejung walked hand in hand with little Yoojin who skipped to the entrance of her school. Hani and Myunghui were walking ahead of them, absorbed in their own conversation.

"Are you excited, Yoojinie?"

The little girl jumped in glee, nodding enthusiastically. "After this, mommy said we're going to McDonalds."

Heejung's eyes gleamed, rounding in utter surprise, leaning down to level closer to the toddler who couldn't contain her happiness. "Really? Can I come too?"

"Of course! I'll share with you my favorite ice cream but shhh!" Yoojin pressed her small index finger on the older lass's lips, shushing her. The teenager melted at the act."Don't tell Auntie Myung or she'll be upset." She whispered, wavering her round orbs towards the said girl's direction entering the gates.

"Oh okay," Heejung whispered back, planting a small kiss on Yoojin's plump cheek. "It's our little secret." She zipped her mouth, throwing the invisible key to nowhere, earning a hearty giggle from the toddler.

"Oh my gosh, Heejung," Myunghui ran towards her and pointed at someone's direction, gasping. "Do you see that?"

"Where? Who?"

"There!" She whisper-shouted, directing her index finger to a tall man standing by the gate ruffling the head of a boy about Yoojin's age.

"Who's that?" Heejung scrunched up her nose in puzzlement making her best friend roll her eyes.

"It's Mr. Seo!"

Raising her brow in disinterest, Heejung acted surprised. "Really? What is he doing here?"

"That's what I'm going to figure out."

"Myunghui, forget Mr. Seo. I'm pretty sure you're gonna meet hotter guys in New York."

"That is true but that is also hard to do."

Whining in defeat of her best friend's complicated thinking, Heejung resumed walking to the gate with Yoojin and Myunghui who talked more about Mr. Seo nonstop even if they walked past the professor himself a few meters away. If Heejung could only just throw her friend to him to make her shut up. If only...

"You girls wait here while I just assist Yoojin with her dress," Hani told the two 19-year-olds who nodded, then she and Yoojin made their way to the backstage for her daughter's presentation later in the event.