⤖ chapter five

He eventually knew

He eventually knew.

By the way he threw curious questions at her, Heejung assumed Baekhyun had gone to a conclusion that Sehun agreed to live with a fan.

It's the very sole foundation that Baekhyun thinks will build the pair's relationship.

However, from the girl's blant engagement to Baekhyun's inquiries and replies, he also learned how it was no different from Sehun and Heejung's interaction with each other.

Nevertheless, Heejung refused to take any more questions, saying that she still had some things to do, and for sure, the idol had other schedules to attend to as well.

Sigh.

That evening, the young lass didn't expect any Sehun to show up.

And he really didn't.

The entire night, Heejung exhausted herself doing all her school works and finishing up the requirements of her other class. Her laptop was the only thing that accompanied her for three hours as she also consumed her time reviewing for a quiz the next day.

All the tasks she did drained her brain.

It was so tiring.

So tiring that she didn't notice herself dozing off in the sofa, her eyeglasses on the bridge of her nose almost sliding off as she laid her head back at the soft comfort of the couch.

***

"Wake up, woman."

A poke on the forehead caused the asleep Heejung to slowly flicker her lids open, as the distant clang of cups rings in her ears.

No one would enter the house and do that but one person.

Oh Sehun. The man who was born to trigger her irritation.

"They placed rooms here for a purpose, you know.." He spoke from the kitchen, loud enough for his voice to boom in the whole house.

Why is even talking to me? Aren't we in bad terms?

Rolling her eyes, the college girl fished for her phone to check the time. She still had a morning class to attend and the phone indicated that she only has 11 minutes to get there.

Her breath hitched at the realization, feet automatically dragging herself to her room to get changed, frantically tying her hair up in a messy bun, and pulled a few baby hair to fringe her round face.

She then rushed downstairs to slip into her sandals as Sehun furrowed his brows at the sight of a girl running late, gulping down a glass of water.

"Where are you going? Hey—"

Door shutting was the only reply Sehun received.

***

Right in the middle of Heejung's third class for that day, after the dreading quiz, her phone rang that caused an interruption in their class. Mrs. Kwon gave the girl a strict glare, flickering her eyes at the girl's pocket where she assumed her student's phone was.

With a straight face, the lass lazily reached for her phone in her pocket. When her mother's name displayed on the screen, her burrows twitched in instinct.

Ayeong is not really the type to call.

Without any formal permission from the professor, Heejung left the class, Myunghui's gaze following the girl's direction as her figure vanished past the door.

"Heejung-a..."

The trembling voice and a few dry sniffs of her mother greeted her as she pressed her phone to her ear.

"Eomma, what's the matter?"

"Heejae.. she... she's gone, bunny."

would u like to have a back story for heejae and their childhood?

or should we move on to sehun and heejung?