⤖ chapter twenty-nine

Days after, the two were told that there's a party in Gimpo, the one Heejung's father told them about before

Days after, the two were told that there's a party in Gimpo, the one Heejung's father told them about before. Heejung wore a peach dress that hugged her figure, revealing her curve that would catch everyone's attention. Whilst Sehun wore a white polo, its first three buttons unbuttoned, with a black coat matched with a pair of black pants that screamed his undeniable charisma even in simple attires.

Sehun knocked on Heejung's door and said, "The driver's waiting for us."

He knocked again twice and soon, the door opened, revealing Heejung in all her best forms. His eyes raked down to her figure.

"Let's go."

Grabbing her purse, Heejung walked past the man whose eyes snapped back to her face. She didn't bother looking at him, she only had one goal in mind. And that is to finish the show when they get to Gimpo.

Surely, they're going to have to act all out just as what their parents expected of them to do. It could be easier if they were both into it but knowing that the argument they had before still lingered between them, Heejung wondered if this would work.

A driver their parents sent for them, arrived at their house and honked outside. Sehun and Heejung head out as if they're on some sort of a runway, their visuals killing the show without any audience. The neighborhood was quiet as usual.

Sehun took the gunshot seat and Heejung occupied the space at the back, nodding at the driver in greeting. As soon as she closed the door, the car went off.

The car took a turn and the sea greeted them, glistening under the sun as a yacht awaited for them, docked.

When they got off the vehicle, Heejung went ahead as Sehun followed after, checking out the place that earned a scoff to emit from his lips.

Sometimes he really just gets surprised at the connections his parents have.

A crew assisted them in going up inside the yacht as Heejung approached it. People in expensive, grand wardrobes. Shining accessories flexed as they go about the area. Chatter and laughter. Jazz music. Everything of that rich people would invest in operating a party, it's all in there.

Heejung was just at the entrance and she couldn't stand the smell of the cigar waving through the thick air. It was suffocating in there, with all the pretentious grins and grips people displayed. These people don't even get tired of this.

"What are you doing standing there? What are you? A statue?" She felt a hand sneak around her waist as a whisper resounded beside her ear, causing her to slightly jolt in shock.

Sehun pulled her closer as he brought her to a different part of the room. Men in formal business attire wandered their eyes at the woman the idol was holding in his arms as if she's his. Their eyes adored her, wishing that before the night ends, they would at least have a moment to dance with the Kim Industries' second heir.