⤖ chapter twenty-four

The girls' last class had just ended

The girls' last class had just ended. Heejung fastened her pace when she saw Woojin's figure passing by the window of their room and Myunghui mimicked her actions. Strapping her bag over her shoulder, Heejung sprinted towards the door, not minding the presence of her professor.

Good thing their professor didn't mind as he wasn't as strict as Mrs. Kwon.

The hallway was soon crowded with students coming out of their classrooms. It was a common time wherein most of the classes were done. Heejung tried to fixate her eyes on Woojin's statue but soon enough, she lost him.

"Excuse me," they repeatedly uttered as they walked through the sea of people flooding in the halls. When they turned to the left wing, the number of students reduced, making Heejung relieved.

But it soon ended when she saw Youngshik meeting Woojin halfway. She immediately retreated from her walk, shoving Myunghui from behind in the process that mouthed oomfed. The wall dividing the main hall from the left wing served as their hideout from getting caught.

"What was that?" Myunghui exclaimed and her best friend covered her mouth quickly in panic, eyes never leaving the two lads' figures.

Soon, Woojin and Youngshik seemed to agree to leave the area, pupils appearing to be wary and cautious of their surrounding that caused Heejung to grow more suspicious of them.

Myunghui removed her hand from her face as they watched the two disappear into the other hall directing to the main exit of the building.

"Should we follow them?" she asked.

They stepped out from their position and Heejung didn't utter any word but went on ahead to trail on the two males.

However, when she had turned to the hall Woojin and Youngshik had gone, they weren't there anymore. She had lost them again. Heejung mentally cursed at her sloppy moves, failing their secret agenda to get them on the act.

"We can't talk to Woojin if he's with Youngshik," Myunghui said. "That would only complicate things."

A sigh of dismay left Heejung's lips as she swung her fist in the air.

"I don't want to waste time, I've already let a month pass."

"We'll get him," Myunghui reassured, patting her friend's back before pulling her to the main gate to go home.

On their way to the parking lot, the two conversed about their plan in talking Woojin out of this. To acquire more information. Heejung's mind were again filled with her sister Heejae. Honestly, she feared that this has something to do with Heejae's death. She didn't want to conclude easily without a solid basis. 

When they arrived at the main gate, Myunghui and Heejung found themselves stopping from their tracks at the sight of a middle-aged lady standing by her car, wearing sunglasses to shun against the sunlight.